Ministry to Persons with a Homosexual Inclination
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Ministry to Persons with a Homosexual Inclination is a document which was issued on November 14, 2006 by the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops. It details guidelines on religious ministry to homosexual people.
The document further states:
- "While the Church teaches that homosexual acts are immoral, she does distinguish between engaging in homosexual acts and having a homosexual inclination. While the former is always objectively sinful, the latter is not."
- "Simply possessing such inclinations does not constitute a sin, at least to the extent that they are beyond one’s control. Acting on such inclinations, however, is always wrong."
- "It is crucially important to understand that saying a person has a particular inclination that is disordered is not to say that the person as a whole is disordered. Nor does it mean that one has been rejected by God or the Church."
- "All people are created in the image and likeness of God and thus possess an innate human dignity that must be acknowledged and respected."
- "The fact that homosexual acts are immoral may never be used to justify violence or unjust discrimination."
- "It is deplorable that homosexual persons have been and are the object of violent malice in speech or in action. Such treatment deserves condemnation from the Church’s pastors wherever it occurs."
- Catholics United
- Christian views on homosexuality
- Courage International
- Homosexuality and Roman Catholicism
- Homosexuals Anonymous
- Instruction Concerning the Criteria for the Discernment of Vocations with regard to Persons with Homosexual Tendencies in view of their Admission to the Seminary and to Holy Orders
- Integrity USA, a similar group of organizations for members of the Anglican Communion
- Joel 2:25 International
- LGBT-welcoming church programs
- List of Christian denominational positions on homosexuality
- New Ways Ministry
- On the Pastoral Care of Homosexual Persons
- Ordination of LGBT Christian clergy
- Religion and sexuality
- Restored Hope Network
- U.S. bishops adopt document on ministry to gays By David O’Reilly