|New Testament manuscript
|Text||New Testament (except Rev.)|
|Now at||Laurentian Library|
|Size||11.5 cm by 9.8 cm|
|Note||member of Kr|
Minuscule 189 (in the Gregory-Aland numbering), α 269 (Soden), is a Greek minuscule manuscript of the New Testament, on parchment. Palaeographically it has been assigned to the 14th century. It has marginalia.
The codex contains the text of the four Gospels, Acts of the Apostles, Catholic epistles and Pauline epistles on 452 elegant parchment leaves (size 11.5 cm by 9.8 cm). The text is written in one column per page, in 24 lines per page, in light-black ink, capital letters in red. The letters are small and beautiful.
The text is divided according to the κεφαλαια (chapters), whose numbers are given at the margin. There is no τιτλοι (titles of chapters) at the top of the pages.
It contains lists of the κεφαλαια (tables of contents) before each book, lectionary equipment at the margin (for liturgical reading), αναγνωσεις (lessons), synaxaria, the Euthalian Apparatus to the Catholic and Pauline epistles. It has only one lacunae in John 19:38-21:25.
The Greek text of the codex is a representative of the Byzantine text-type. Aland placed it in Category V. Hermann von Soden classified it as member of the textual family Kr. According to the Claremont Profile Method it represents Kr in Luke 1 and Luke 20. In Luke 10 no profile was made.
- Gregory, Caspar René (1908). Die griechischen Handschriften des Neuen Testament. Leipzig: J. C. Hinrichs'sche Buchhandlung. p. 54.
- K. Aland, M. Welte, B. Köster, K. Junack, "Kurzgefasste Liste der griechischen Handschriften des Neues Testaments", Walter de Gruyter, Berlin, New York 1994, p. 58.
- Gregory, Caspar René (1900). Textkritik des Neuen Testaments. 1. Leipzig: Hinrichs. p. 164.
- Scrivener, Frederick Henry Ambrose; Edward Miller (1894). A Plain Introduction to the Criticism of the New Testament. 1 (4 ed.). London: George Bell & Sons. p. 217.
- Aland, Kurt; Aland, Barbara (1995). The Text of the New Testament: An Introduction to the Critical Editions and to the Theory and Practice of Modern Textual Criticism. Erroll F. Rhodes (trans.). Grand Rapids: William B. Eerdmans Publishing Company. p. 132. ISBN 978-0-8028-4098-1.
- Wisse, Frederik (1982). The Profile Method for the Classification and Evaluation of Manuscript Evidence, as Applied to the Continuous Greek Text of the Gospel of Luke. Grand Rapids: William B. Eerdmans Publishing Company. pp. 56, 92. ISBN 0-8028-1918-4.
- Minuscule 189 at the Encyclopedia of Textual Criticism