|New Testament manuscript
|Text||New Testament (except Gospels)|
|Now at||Biblioteca Vallicelliana|
|Size||17.5 cm by 12.4 cm|
Minuscule 632 (in the Gregory-Aland numbering), α 201 (von Soden), is a Greek minuscule manuscript of the New Testament, on parchment. Palaeographically it has been assigned to the 12th or 14th century. The manuscript is lacunose. Formerly it was labeled by 166a, 204p, and 22r.
The codex contains the text of the New Testament except the four Gospels, on 258 parchment leaves (size 17.5 cm by 12.4 cm), with lacunae. The text is written in one column per page, 25-26 lines per page.
Some parts of the manuscript were written in different time by different scribes. The leaves 1-103 with text of Acts-Jude 24 were written in the 12th century; the leaves 104-191 with the text of Jude 24 - Colossians were written in the 13th century; the leaves 192-228 with the text 1 Thessalonians-Philemon were written in the 12th century; the leaves 229-254 with the text of the Apocalypse and scholia were written in the 14th century.
The leaf with the text of the Acts 1:1-13 was written in the 16th century.
The manuscript was examined and described by Giuseppe Bianchini. It was added to the list of New Testament manuscripts by Johann Martin Augustin Scholz, who slightly examined the manuscript. Gregory saw the manuscript in 1886. Herman C. Hoskier collated the text of the Apocalypse.
Formerly it was labeled by 166a, 204p, and 22r. In 1908 Gregory gave the number 632 to it.
- Gregory, Caspar René (1908). Die griechischen Handschriften des Neuen Testament. Leipzig: J. C. Hinrichs'sche Buchhandlung. p. 70.
- K. Aland, M. Welte, B. Köster, K. Junack, "Kurzgefasste Liste der griechischen Handschriften des Neues Testaments", Walter de Gruyter, Berlin, New York 1994, p. 84.
- Scrivener, Frederick Henry Ambrose; Edward Miller (1894). A Plain Introduction to the Criticism of the New Testament, vol. 1 (4 ed.). London: George Bell & Sons. p. 296.
- Gregory, Caspar René (1900). Textkritik des Neuen Testaments. 1. Leipzig. p. 278.
- Aland, Kurt; Aland, Barbara (1995). The Text of the New Testament: An Introduction to the Critical Editions and to the Theory and Practice of Modern Textual Criticism. Erroll F. Rhodes (trans.). Grand Rapids: William B. Eerdmans Publishing Company. p. 139. ISBN 978-0-8028-4098-1.
- Handschriftenliste at the Münster Institute
- Evangeliarium quadruplex latinae versionis antiquae seu veteris italicae (Rome, 1749), pp. 535-538
- Scholz, Biblisch-kritische Reise in Frankreich, der Schweiz, Italien, Palästine und im Archipel in den Jahren 1818, 1819, 1820, 1821: Nebst einer Geschichte des Textes des Neuen Testaments (Leipzig, 1823)
- Herman C. Hoskier, Concerning the Text of the Apocalypse: Collation of All Existing Available Greek Documents with the Standard Text of Stephen’s Third Edition Together with the Testimony of Versions, Commentaries and Fathers. 1 vol. (London: Bernard Quaritch, Ltd., 1929), pp. 45-46
- Herman C. Hoskier, Concerning the Text of the Apocalypse: Collation of All Existing Available Greek Documents with the Standard Text of Stephen’s Third Edition Together with the Testimony of Versions, Commentaries and Fathers. 1 vol. (London: Bernard Quaritch, Ltd., 1929), pp. 45–46