|Born||Oroville, California, U.S.|
|Language||English, Catalan, Spanish|
|Alma mater||University of California, Berkeley|
As a technology entrepreneur, he co-founded The Tender, a local news website for San Francisco's Tenderloin. as well as Maneno, a non-profit startup focused on creating a platform for news and blogging in Africa, in local languages.
Originally from the interior of Northern California, Miquel moved to San Francisco for university and while there, started working for the Inglenook winery in Napa Valley in 1999. He worked in various other wine trade capacities including an importer of Central European wines which lead to a growing interest in wine. During this time, he was also involved with the Maneno (2008-2010) and The Tender (2009-2011) citizen journalism projects.
After traveling extensively around the Former Yugoslavia, he founded the Vinologue series in 2008. The premise of the books was to bridge the gap between traditional travel guidebooks and large, glossy wine books to make various wine regions as approachable as possible to wine drinkers of any level. One of the most recent books in the series he wrote for the Priorat region in Catalonia received a Gourmand Award in 2014. He is personally active in promoting the quality wines of boutique cellars from both DOQ Priorat as well as DO Montsant.
Since moving to Catalonia, Spain in 2012, he has been a regular contributor to Decanter, The World of Fine Wine, Harpers Wine & Spirit, Guild of Sommeliers, JancisRobinson.com, and the Catalan language publication, Vadevi. He also regularly judges in international wine competitions and leads wine courses.
He holds the Certified Sommelier title from the Court of Master Sommeliers as well as the Certified Sherry Educator. His wine blog, Wine on VI was a Finalist for the 2016 Millésima blog awards and in June 2016, he was selected as the recipient of the Geoffrey Roberts Award for a forthcoming book on the wines for the Republic of Georgia. He was also named "Best Drink Writer of the Year" in the annual Fortnum & Mason Awards.
- Fortnum & Mason Best Drink Writer 2017
- Geoffrey Roberts Award 2016
- Hillman, Beth. "Meet Your Neighborhood Blogger: Miquel Hudin of The Tender". SF Weekly. Retrieved 2016-12-28.
- Hersman, Erik. "Maneno: A Blogging Platform Made for Africa". White African. Retrieved 2017-01-05.
- "Meet Miquel Hudin, Guiding you to your favorite wine". Scoutmob. Retrieved 2016-12-28.
- "Èlia Varela i Miquel Hudin, autors de la primera guia d'enoturisme de la DOQ Priorat". Vi Directe. Retrieved 2016-12-28.
- "History & About". Vinologue. Retrieved 2016-12-28.
- "About". Miquel Hudin. Retrieved 2016-12-28.
- Miquel Hudin & Elia Varela Serra (2015), Vinologue Priorat, Vinologue, p. 480, ISBN 978-1-941-59803-0
- "Winners by Country". Gourmand Awards. Retrieved 2016-12-28.
- Asimov, Eric. "With the Wines of Montsant, It's All in the Drinking". New York Times. Retrieved 2017-01-05.
- "Writing". Miquel Hudin. Retrieved 2016-12-28.
- "Miquel Hudin, Author at Decanter". Decanter. Retrieved 2016-12-28.
- "Nos visita Miquel Hudin". DO Penedès. Retrieved 2016-12-28.
- "Miquel Hudin leads Georgian wine masterclass in Spain". Hvino News. Retrieved 2016-12-28.
- "Masterclass of soil comparison with the journalist Miquel Hudin". Olivardots. Retrieved 2016-12-28.
- "Miquel Hudin". Dalmacija Wine Expo. Retrieved 2016-12-28.
- "Sherry Educators". Sherry Wines. Retrieved 2017-01-03.
- "Food & Drink Awards 2017". Fortnum & Mason. Retrieved 2017-05-21.
- "2016 Award Recipient". Geoffrey Roberts Award. Retrieved 2016-12-28.
- "Miquel Hudin receives 2016 Geoffrey Roberts Award for book on Georgian Wine". Harpers. Retrieved 2016-12-28.
- "The 2016 Blog Awards Finalists". Millésima Blog. Retrieved 2016-12-28.