||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (September 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Early life and education
Kultyshev was born in St. Petersburg, Russia (then Leningrad, Soviet Union) in 1985. He gave his first concert at age six, and at age ten, he appeared in the Grand Hall of the St. Petersburg Philharmonic, performing Mozart's D minor Concerto No. 20, K466 under the direction of Yuri Temirkanov.
Since 2006, he has been a scholar and active participant of the St. Petersburg House of Music. He tours in Austria, Germany, France, Italy, Great Britain, the United States, the Netherlands, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Lithuania, United Arab Emirates, and Ukraine.
From 2006 until 2007, he took part in an internship at the International Holland Music Sessions.
He has released an album which includes his performance of all twelve of Franz Liszt's Études d'exécution transcendante. He holds scholarships from the Yuri Bashmet Foundation and the St. Petersburg Philharmonic Society. He regularly tours with the conductor Valery Gergiev. He has also worked with conductors Vladimir Ashkenazy, Constantine Orbelian, Yuri Bashmet, and Vassily Sinaisky.
- 1998: G. Neuhaus International Festival
- 1999: International Music Festival “Virtuosos of 2000”
- 2001: grant-holder of the National Youth Prize “Triumph”.
- 2005: First prize and Golden Medal of the International Youth Delphic Games (Ukraine, Kiev)
- 2007: silver medal, 13th International Tchaikovsky Competition
- 2010: Distinction in XVI Chopin Piano Competition
- 2012: Monte Carlo Piano Masters