|Member: 9th, 12th and 14th Lok Sabha|
|Born||11 July 1934|
Faizabad, United Provinces, British India
|Died||7 September 2015 (aged 81)|
Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh, India
|Children||2 sons and 2 daughters|
|As of 17 September 2006|
Mitrasen Yadav (11 July 1934 – 7 September 2015) was a politician .
At his death he was affiliated with Samajwadi Party.
Mitrasen joined politics as a member of the Communist Party of India. In 1966, he and seven others were sentenced to life imprisonment by the Faizabad session court for the murder of two men, Jata Shankar Tiwari and Surendra Tiwari, in 1964. Later, he appealed to the Lucknow bench of the Allahabad High Court, but the appeal was rejected. Eventually, the Governor of Uttar Pradesh ordered his release on mercy on 7 October 1972, on condition that he would not indulge in crime for seven years.
In 1974, Mitrasen (Yadav) was elected to the Uttar Pradesh Vidhan Sabha from Milkipur constituency as a Communist Party of India candidate. He was re-elected to the Uttar Pradesh Vidhan Sabha in 1977, 1980 and 1985.
In 1989, he was defeated by the famous leader of purvanchal region Dr. Brij Bhushan Mani Tripathi in assembly election  but was elected to the 9th Lok Sabha from Faizbad constituency as a CPI candidate. In 1991, he contested the same constituency as an independent but lost badly. On 4 March 1995, he joined Samajwadi Party (SP). In 1998, he was elected to the 12th Lok Sabha as a Samajwadi Party candidate from the same constituency. Mitrasen joined the Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) in 1999. In 2001, he left the BSP and re-joined the SP for the second time. In 2004, Mitrasen again joined the BSP, and was elected to the 14th Lok Sabha. In 2009, he again joined the SP for the third time.
In 2009, he was convicted for embezzlement and sentenced to seven years rigorous imprisonment. Subsequently, he was released on bail.
To summarize his career he was more known for his criminal convicted cases than of being a legislator.
- Times of, India. "Times of India". Times of India. Coleman. Retrieved 7 September 2015.
- "सपा विधायक मित्रसेन यादव का निधन". Pradesh Today. Pradesh Today. Retrieved 7 September 2015.
- Dr. Brij Bhushan Mani Tripathi defeated Mitrasen yadav
- Sahu, Manish (9 March 2009). "The making of a politician: 40-yr career in crime, life term in prison and a pardon by Governor". Indian Express. Retrieved 25 April 2010.
- "Mitrasen Yadav sentenced to 7 yrs RI". Indian Express. 22 December 2011. Retrieved 29 May 2012.