|Directed by||Krishna Vamsi|
|Produced by||Nallamalapu Bujji|
|Written by||Bheem (dialogues)|
|Screenplay by||Krishna Vamsi|
Krishna Vamsi |
Dawood/Sheik Dawood G
|Music by||Babu Shankar|
|Edited by||Gautham Raju|
Mogudu (English: Husband) is a 2011 Telugu drama film produced by Nallamalapu Srinivas (Bujji) on Lakshmi Narasimha Productions banner, directed by Krishna Vamsi. Starring Gopichand, Taapsee Pannu in the lead roles with Rajendra Prasad, Roja and Naresh in supporting roles. Music composed by Babu Shankar as his first debut. The film recorded as flop at box office. The film is all about how a man truly becomes husband when he understands his wife and wins her love. The film released on 4 November 2011. Later the film was dubbed into Hindi as Mard Ki Zaban by Goldmines Telefilms in 2013 with Gopichand's voice dubbed by Amar Babaria. It was also dubbed into Tamil as My Dear Purushan.
Bujji (Gopichand) is the only son of a wealthy and influential farmer Anjaneya Prasad (Rajendra Prasad). The family is well knit together and has strong values and attachments. Bujji comes across Raja Rajeshwari (Taapsee Pannu) in unexpected circumstances and falls in love with her. Raja Rajeshwari is the daughter of a powerful politician Chamundeshwari (Roja) and Shankar Rao (Naresh). The families agree to the marriage and just when everything seems nice and happy, unexpected circumstances cause a rift between them. Into this scenario comes Jo (Shraddha Das) who is madly in love with Bujji. This further escalates the tensions. The rest of the movie is about whether Bujji sorts out the differences between the families and wins his wife back.
- Gopichand as Ramprasad (Bujji) (Prem in Hindi version)
- Taapsee Pannu as Raja Rajeshwari / Raji (Nisha in Hindi version)
- Shraddha Das as Jo
- Rajendra Prasad as Anjaneya Prasad (Prasad Kumar in Hindi version)
- Roja as Chamundeshwari (Suchitra Devi in Hindi version)
- Naresh as Shankar Rao
- Ahuti Prasad
- Venu Madhav
- Narsingh Yadav
- Maharshi Raghava as Lawyer Sridhar
- Harsha Vardhan as Dr. Sagar
- Lakshmi Bhargavi as Sarada
- Jaya Lakshmi as Dr. Gauthami
- Ramya Nittala as Bhagamati
|Film score by Babu Shankar|
|Released||12 October 2011|
Music composed by Babu Shankar. Music released on ADITYA Music Company. The audio was launched at Rock Heights, Hyderabad for which several film stars attended. D. Suresh Babu unveiled the logo of the film. Rajendra Prasad released the first look trailer of the flick. NTR unveiled the audio CD and presented the first album to VV Vinayak.
|1.||"Kavali Kavali"||Sirivennela Sitarama Sastry||Madhumitha, Babu Shankar||5:31|
|2.||"Bachelor Boys"||Sirivennela Sitarama Sastry||Benny Dayal, Babu Shankar||3:58|
|3.||"Choosthunna"||Sirivennela Sitarama Sastry||Karthik||4:29|
|4.||"Aakalakalala"||Sirivennela Sitarama Sastry||Hemachandra, Chinmayee||4:21|
|5.||"Eppudu Nee Roopamlo"||Sirivennela Sitarama Sastry||Karthik||4:40|
|6.||"Nuvvante Naku"||Ramajogayya Sastry||Sunitha Sarathy||4:34|
|7.||"Ettantee Mogudu"||Suddala Ashok Teja||Geetha Madhuri||4:56|
|8.||"Choosthunna (Fusion Mix)"||Sirivennela Sitarama Sastry||Karthik||4:29|
Oneindia.in stated "Mogudu is a film that shows the values of a joint family, friendship, responsibility, love, and affection etc. Krishna Vamsi succeeds partly in his mission. The trademark Krishna Vamsi style and magic is missing in the film. The movie may appeal family audience. Mogudu is a mixed bag and the fans of Krishna Vamsi will not be fully satisfied with it". Rediff which gave a two stars said "Krishnavamsi's fascination for the family and for tradition is given full play in the film. The decibel levels are high: everyone is either shouting, screaming or hitting everyone else. Dialogues are tacky and it's all just one big high-voltage melodrama. On the whole, a disappointing film. NDTV said "The film is just an above average fare. It is a disappointment for the director's ardent fans who expect much from his films. However praised the lead performances, saying "Gopi Chand looks stylish in his designer wear. He is good in action sequences and shows his talent as a performer. But, it is Rajendra Prasad who steals the show with his stellar performance".
Deepa Garimella of fullhyd.com praised the film's screenplay and the casting but said that the movie is a "disappointing, unfulfilling anecdote of a newly-wed husband and a wife dealing with an unpleasant family fracas", rating it 5 out of 10.
- "'Mogudu' audio on Oct. 11 - Telugu Movie News". IndiaGlitz. Retrieved 2011-10-20.
- "Mogudu to release on October 21 - Telugu Movie News". IndiaGlitz. Retrieved 2011-10-20.
- Radhika Rajamani. "First Look: Krishnavamsi's Mogudu". Rediff. Retrieved 12 September 2011.
- Radhika Rajamani. "'Mogudu is inspired from my personal experiences'". Rediff. Retrieved 3 November 2011.
- "Krishna Vamsi takes a leaf from real life incident for Mogudu". Oneindia.in. Retrieved 3 November 2011.
- "Mogudu audio launch". Sify. Retrieved 2011-10-12.
- To Watch http://sunmoonmovies.blogspot.com/2011/11/mogudu-2011.html
- "Mogudu - Movie Review". Oneindia.in. Retrieved 4 November 2011.
- Radhika Rajamani. "Review: Mogudu is a let down". Rediff. Retrieved November 4, 2011.
- "Telugu Review: 'Mogudu' is an average story". CNN-IBN. Retrieved 5 Nov 2011.
- Deepa Garimella (6 November 2011). "Mogudu Review". fullhyd.com.