This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Human rights activism
He is quoted as blaming the Arab silence of Darfur genocide on the "twin fascisms" that dominate the Middle East, pan-Arabism and Islamism, as well as to why all minorities living within the Arab world are under siege, that 'Islamism is the mother of all big lies', that freedom in the West gave Islamist terror masters ample opportunity to mount an effective propaganda machine, and that only Arab/Muslim secular forces can effectively undermine Islamism.
In 2000, journalists were assaulted and threatened by police officers in Tunis. Among them was Omar Mestiri (an editor of the opposition online newspaper Kalima, who is a victim of judicial harassment. Reporters Without Borders ) and Mohammed Bechri, both human rights activists, Bechri told Human Rights Watch that he was forcibly prevented from approaching the Ministry and was attacked in his car as he was trying to leave.
- "Finance and Competitiveness in Developing Countries".
- "The Middle East Institute - Columbia University".
- "Tunisian Progressive: 'Islamism is The Mother of All Big Lies'". MEMRI - The Middle East Media Research Institute.
- "Tunisia - a Lawsuit Against the Human Rights League, an Assault on All ...".
- "The Arab Silence on Darfur". MEMRI - The Middle East Media Research Institute.
- "Arabs Speak Frankly on the Arab-Israeli Conflict".
- "Journalist assaulted and threatened". IFEX.