Mona Walter (born 1973) is a Swedish activist and social commentator. She was born in Mogadishu, Somalia and moved to Sweden as a refugee in 1994. Raised Muslim, she converted to Christianity and publishes writings critical of Islam via her social media accounts and in press articles. Her opinions on the threat she believes Islam poses to the Western world have caused controversy.
Attack in Rinkeby
In August 2015, Walter and a camera team from SVT news programme Aktuellt were attacked when they walked through the Stockholm district of Rinkeby, which has a high concentration of immigrants. Eggs were thrown at the broadcaster's car.
- Jonatan Sverker. "Mona ger mod åt kristna somalier" (in Swedish). dagen.se. Retrieved 2 October 2015.
- Sveriges Radio. "Kontroversiell föreläsare rör upp känslor i inkeby" (in Swedish). Sveriges Radio. Retrieved 2 October 2015.
- "Folkets Hus stoppade ytterligare en föreläsning". svt.se. Retrieved 2 October 2015.
- Hannler, Oskar (29 July 2014). "Mona Walter går under jorden efter islamkritik". Dagen (in Swedish). Tidnings AB Nya Dagen. Retrieved 16 October 2018.
- Walter, Mona (9 July 2015). "Vem är en riktig muslim?". Göteborgs-Posten (in Swedish). Stampen Media. Retrieved 16 October 2018.
- Bob Taylor. "Mona Walter journey from Muslim to practicing atheist to Christian - Communities Digital News". Communities Digital News. Retrieved 2 October 2015.
- Hurd, Dale (2 January 2016). "Ex-Muslim: Koran Revealed a Religion I Did Not Like". CBN News. The Christian Broadcasting Network, Inc. Retrieved 15 October 2018.
- "Anklagar SVT för bortklippta bilder". Expressen (in Swedish). Retrieved 2 October 2015.
- Jacob Zetterman. "Mona Walter jagades bort från Rinkeby" (in Swedish). Retrieved 2 October 2015.
- Thambert, Fredrik (25 August 2015). "SVT anklagas för censurerade hot – kanalen förnekar". Resumé (in Swedish). Bonnier Business Media. Retrieved 16 October 2018.