This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Industry||Role-playing, card games and miniature wargaming publisher|
|Products||Traveller, Paranoia role-playing games|
Mongoose Publishing is a British manufacturer of role-playing games, miniatures, and card games, publishing material since 2001. Its licenses include products based on the science fiction properties Traveller, Judge Dredd, and Paranoia, as well as fantasy titles.
Mongoose Publishing was founded in Swindon, England, in 2001 by Matthew Sprange and Alex Fennell. Sprange initially wanted to publish a miniatures game, but he went with a less expensive alternative using Wizards of the Coast's d20 System Trademark License.:104 It grew out of the d20 System boom sparked by Dungeons & Dragons 3rd edition. The first release, the Slayer's Guides, concentrated on different monster types for the d20 system, while the subsequent Quintessential books, detailed specific character classes. The latter were to span three years and thirty-six different titles.
In 2003 the company released the magazine Signs and Portents, a house organ aimed at supplementing and supporting Mongoose's products, as well as a range of generic standalone products based on the d20 System, collectively known as the "OGL series". Further acquisitions followed the same year, including the rights to a roleplaying game based on Conan the Barbarian (which saw light of day in January 2004), the roleplaying game Paranoia (2004) and a joint venture with d20 System portal EN World, the EN World Gamer quarterly magazine. Signs & Portents was turned into an online magazine after two years. In 2007, Mongoose added the licenses for new editions of the classic RPGs RuneQuest and Traveller.
In 2008 Mongoose announced that it was ceasing production and marketing of its miniatures ranges and would, for the time being, concentrate solely on the production of RPGs and miniatures rules.
In May 2011, Sprange announced that Mongoose Publishing and Issaries Inc. had parted ways, meaning that Mongoose would cease publication of RuneQuest, though they retain the copyrights to the revised RuneQuest II core rule system, which was re-released under the title Legend.
Games and products
- Noble Armada: A Call to Arms
- Babylon 5: A Call to Arms
- Judge Dredd: Gangs of Mega-City One
- Starship Troopers: The Miniatures Game
- Mighty Armies
- Battlefield Evolution
- Victory at Sea
- A Call to Arms: Star Fleet (A partnership with Amarillo Design Bureau, based on the Star Fleet Universe)
Role-playing games and supplements
- The Extraordinary Adventures of Baron Munchaunsen (scheduled for a September 2008 release) 
- Armageddon: 2089
- Babylon 5 Roleplaying Game
- Cities of Fantasy series
- Skraag: City of Orcs
- Stormhaven: City of a Thousand Seas
- Highthrone: City of the Clouds
- Stonebridge: City of Illusions
- Classic Play series
- Conan: The Roleplaying Game - translated into Spanish by the Spanish publishing house Edge Entertainment in 2005, into French by UbIK in 2007, and in Italian by Stratelibri/Wyrd Edizioni in 2006.
- CthulhuTech Developed by WildFire llc, printed and distributed by Mongoose. Now being published by Catalyst Game Labs No longer, Catalyst Game Labs has returned the license.
- Dragon Warriors (scheduled for an October 2008 release) 
- Elric of Melnibone
- Encyclopedia Arcane series
- Jeremiah: The Roleplaying Game (based on the TV series)
- The Judge Dredd Roleplaying Game
- Lone Wolf: The Roleplaying Game and the Lone Wolf Multiplayer Game Book
- Macho Women with Guns
- OGL Ancients
- OGL CyberNet
- OGL Horror
- OGL Steampunk
- OGL Wild West
- Power Classes series
- Quintessential series
- Sláine: The Roleplaying Game of Celtic Heroes (based on the comics)
- Slayers Guide series
- Stars Without Number
- Starship Troopers: The Roleplaying Game
- Travellers' Tales series
- Ultimate series
- Wars RPG
- Signs & Portents
- EN World Gamer
- Mongoose Publishing official website, about us
- Matthew Sprange interview, in RPG.net, a role-playing-games specialised website
- Shannon Appelcline (2014). Designers & Dragons: The '00s. Evil Hat Productions. ISBN 978-1-61317-087-8.
- "The Quintessential Series". Mongoose Publishing. 2003. Archived from the original on 2008-02-15. Retrieved 2014-03-29.
- http://www.mongoosepublishing.com Signs & Portents.
- Mongoose Joins Rebellion, ICv2, September 2, 2008.
-  archived link
- STURROCK Ian, Conan, el juego de rol; edición atlántea, Edge Entertainment, Seville, February 2005, translated from English into Spanish by Antonio Rico, 352 p., 27x21 cm, hardcover, ISBN 84-95830-47-7
- Ian Sturrock, Paul Tucker, Harvey Barker and Vincent Darlage, Conan, le jeu de rôle ; édition atlante, UbIK, Toulouse (France), May 2007, translated from English into French by Guilhem Arbaret, Sandy Julien, Dominique Lacrouts, Geoffrey Picard and Jérôme Vessiere, hardcover, 352 p., ISBN 978-84-95830-47-0
- Ciro Alessandro Sacco (2011). Mondi Eroici. Wildboar. p. 14. ISBN 978-88-95186-30-6.