Monica Oliphant speaking at an awards ceremony in 2016
|Born||Monica Viviene Kammer
4 August 1940
Ilford, Essex, England, United Kingdom
|Institutions||University of South Australia|
|Alma mater||University of London
University of Adelaide
Monica Viviene Oliphant AO (née Kammer; born 4 August 1940 in Ilford) is a British–Australian research scientist, specialising in solar energy. She was President of the International Solar Energy Society from 2008 to 2009 and is an adjunct associate professor at the University of South Australia. She has a master's degree in physics from the University of London and worked for almost 20 years as an energy research scientist for the Electricity Trust of South Australia, but since 2000 has been an independent consultant specialising in residential energy efficiency and renewable energy. In 2002, Oliphant won the SA Great Environmental Award.
Monica was named the 2016 Senior South Australian of the Year
- Bragg Centenary: Some reflections on Physics at the University of Adelaide, University of Adelaide, 1986.
- Who's Who of Australian Women 2016, ConnectWeb.
- Monica Oliphant elected President of ISES Archived March 10, 2008, at the Wayback Machine.
- Energy Options for a Warming World Archived December 16, 2010, at WebCite
- Eco Voice interviews Monica Oliphant[dead link]
- "Solar Pioneer South Australia’s Senior Australian Of The Year - Energy Matters". Energy Matters. Retrieved 2016-04-19.