From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Monserrat)
Montserrat is a British overseas territory in the Caribbean, originally named after the Virgin of Montserrat, itself named after the mountain in Catalonia. In Catalan, the name means "serrated mountain".
Montserrat can also refer to:
- Montserrat (mountain), a mountain in Catalonia, Spain
- Santa Maria de Montserrat monastery, home of:
- Virgin of Montserrat, a "black Madonna" statue and object of pilgrimage, also patron saint of Catalonia
- Santa Cecília de Montserrat, a former Benedictine abbey in Marganell (Bages)
- Sant Benet de Montserrat Convent, a Benedictine convent on Montserrat Mountain
- Olesa de Montserrat, municipality next to the mountain of Montserrat
- Monistrol de Montserrat, municipality including the monastery and most of the mountain
- Montserrat (department), the Napoleonic department from 1812 to 1813, during the Peninsular War
- Montserrat, a region of Trinidad and Tobago
- Montserrat, Dominican Republic, a municipal district in Baoruco Province
- Montserrat, Buenos Aires, a neighborhood in Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Montserrat, Missouri, a place in Missouri, United States
- Monserrate, a mountain adjacent to Bogotá, Colombia
- Montserrat d'Alcalà, a municipality in Valencia, Spain
- Montserrat, an area of Bolton, Greater Manchester, a town in the United Kingdom, named for Montserrat Road
- Given name:
- See the list of people with Montserrat as a given name under Montserrat (given name)
- Last name:
- Antoni Montserrat, one of various Catalan and Mallorcan figures, including a football player, a lawyer, some economists and a 16th-century Jesuit
- Marti Montserrat Guillemat (El Morell, 1906 - Barcelona, 1990), a Catalan musician
- Andreu Montserrat (Codalet, s XVI - s XVII), a Catalan and Valencian priest and music theorist
- Octavio Montserrat Chapa-Luna (Carlet, Ribera Alta, 1905 - Almeria, 1985), a Valencian musician, director and composer.
- Montserrat (given name), a popular female name in Catalan-speaking areas
- Llibre Vermell de Montserrat a medieval musical manuscript from the monastery of Santa Maria de Montserrat
- Montserrat (play) (1948), a play by Emmanuel Roblès
- Cap de la Montserrat cridant (Head of Montserrat Screaming, ca. 1942), a sculpture by Juli González (Museu Nacional d'Art de Catalunya).
- Montserrat (MBTA station), a commuter rail train station in Beverly, Massachusetts, United States
- Montserrat College of Art, in Beverly, Massachusetts, United States
- Nuestra Señora de Monserrate. a cathedral in Hormigueros, Puerto Rico
- HMS Montserrat (K586), a British frigate in service in the Royal Navy from 1944 to 1946
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Montserrat.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.