Monster of Udine
This article relies largely or entirely on a single source. (May 2015)
|Monster of Udine|
|Other names||Il Mostro di Udine|
|Victims||4 to 16|
|State(s)||Province of Udine|
The official number of murders attributed to the Mostro di Udine is 4, although there may have been more (up to 16). The victims were found with a gaping incision in their abdomen cut and cleaned with extreme care, most likely with a scalpel or something similar. The incision of the cut was very close to that of a Cesarean, which convinced police that the killer was a doctor, but the police never had any real leads in the case.
This is a list of the four credited victims:
- Maria Carla Bellone, killed in 1980;
- Luana Giamporcaro, killed in 1983;
- Aurelia Januschewitz, killed in 1985;
- Marina Lepre, killed in 1989.
- "In un ventennio 14 omicidi e 3 arresti". Messaggero Veneto EDIZIONE UDINE (in Italian). 27 January 2012. Retrieved 18 December 2014.