More Than Conquerors (novel)
Book cover for Edilberto K. Tiempo's novel More Than Conquerors.
|Author||Edilberto K. Tiempo|
|Publisher||P.B. Ayuda (Manila, Philippines)|
- This is about the Filipino novel. For the music album, see More Than Conquerors.
More Than Conquerors is an award-winning second novel by Filipino author Edilberto K. Tiempo. The novel first appeared in 1959 in the pages of Weekly Women’s Magazine. It was first published in book format in 1964.
With the Filipino resistance movement during the Second World War employed as “background” of the novel, the focus of the narrative is Andres, a lawyer, and his two brothers. The three brothers were tortured by the Japanese occupiers by means of the horizontal spread-eagle "crucifixion" method. The brothers’ predicament echoed a similarity to “the Christ figure in the midst of temptation and at Calvary”.
- More than conquerors : by Edilberto K. Tiempo. - Manila : P.B. Ayuda, c1964. - v,110 p ; 18 cm., koha.nlp.gov.ph
- ... the award-winning More Than Conquerors (1982)..., panitikan.com
- ... More than conquerors; a prize-winning novel..., filipinoamericanlibrary.org
- ... and Edilberto K. Tiempo’s More Than Conquerors first appeared in the Weekly Women’s Magazine in 1959..., upd.edu.ph
- More Than Conquerors by Edilberto K. Tiempo, amazon.com