Moritz Stefaner is a German data visualization specialist. He is notable for his work for organisations like the OECD, the World Economic Forum, Skype, dpa, and Max Planck Research Society. Stefaner is a multiple winner of the Kantar Information is Beautiful awards. His data visualisation work has been exhibited at Venice Biennale of Architecture and Ars Electronica. He has contributed to Beautiful Visualisation published by Springer and was interviewed for the books New Challenges for Data Design published by Springer and Alberto Cairo's The Functional Art.
One of Stefaner's most widely known works is the visualisation of the OECD Better Life Index. Among other notable projects is his interactive installation On Broadway, his work for the FIFA, and his design of the new OECD data portal.
With Enrico Bertini, he produces Data Stories, a podcast on data visualization. Stefaner studied Cognitive Science (B.Sc., University of Osnabrück) and Interface Design (M.A., University of Applied Sciences Potsdam). He lives in Lilienthal, Germany.
- "Stefaner's personal page - About". truth-and-beauty.net. Retrieved 2015-09-26.
- "2014 - The Winners — Information is Beautiful Awards". www.informationisbeautifulawards.com. Retrieved 2015-09-27.
- Iliinsky, Julie Steele, Noah. Beautiful Visualization.
- New Challenges for Data Design | David Bihanic | Springer.
- The functional art | Alberto Cairo | Peachpit Press.
- "OECD Better Life Index". www.oecdbetterlifeindex.org. Retrieved 2015-09-26.
- Manovich., Daniel Goddemeyer, Moritz Stefaner, Dominikus Baur, Lev. "ON BROADWAY". on-broadway.nyc. Retrieved 2015-09-27.
- "FIFA development work around the world". FlowingData. 26 November 2012. Retrieved 2015-09-27.
- "OECD Data Portal". Retrieved 2015-09-27.
- "Data Stories".
- "Data visualization freelancing". FlowingData. 12 August 2011. Retrieved 2015-09-27.