|No. 37 Ottawa Redblacks|
|Date of birth:||November 4, 1987|
|Place of birth:||Bedford, Texas|
|Height:||6 ft 0 in (1.83 m)|
|Weight:||197 lb (89 kg)|
|High school:||Norman (OK)|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of Week 17, 2011|
Mossis Madu (born November 4, 1987) is an American football running back for the Ottawa Redblacks of the Canadian Football League (CFL). He was signed by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers as an undrafted free agent in 2011. Mossis played high school football at Norman High School in Norman, where he was raised. After high school, Mossis went on to play college football at Oklahoma.
New York Jets
Madu signed with the Hamilton Tiger-Cats of the Canadian Football League in time for the 2014 CFL season. In his first season in the CFL Madu was dressed for 15 games, carrying the ball 75 times for 348 yards with 2 touchdowns. He also contributed 44 receptions for 512 yards in the passing game. Madu missed the entire 2015 season with a shoulder injury.
Following an injury to starting running back William Powell the Ottawa Redblacks signed Mossis Madu. When Travon Van also went down with injuries Mossis Madu became the new starting running back for the Redblacks. Madu played in 6 regular season games during the season, carrying the ball for 490 yards on 92 carries with 3 touchdowns. Madu suffered an injury during the East Division Final and missed the remainder of the contest. Following the game it was announced he would miss the Grey Cup final with a fractured scapula.
- Jets Staff (4 August 2013). "Jets Release Two Players, Sign Three". New York Jets. Archived from the original on 5 August 2013. Retrieved 4 August 2013.
- Lange, Randy (31 August 2013). "Jets Move 22, Get Down to 53-Man Active Roster". New York Jets. Archived from the original on 1 September 2013. Retrieved 1 September 2013.
- "Report: Ticats' Gable out up to four weeks; Madu out for year - Article - TSN". TSN. 2015-06-06. Retrieved 2016-11-23.
- "Redblacks shuffle roster for key game against Argonauts". Ottawa Citizen. 2016-09-22. Retrieved 2016-11-23.
- "Redblacks RB Madu out for Grey Cup with fractured scapula - Article - TSN". TSN. 2016-11-22. Retrieved 2016-11-23.