Mount Salem, Ontario
|Dispersed Rural Community|
|Coordinates: Coordinates: |
|Elevation||221 m (725 ft)|
|Time zone||Eastern Time Zone (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||Eastern Time Zone (UTC-4)|
|Postal Code||N5H 2R5|
|Area code(s)||519, 226, 548|
Mount Salem is a Dispersed Rural Community and unincorporated place in the municipal township of Malahide, Elgin County in southwestern Ontario, Canada. The community is in geographic Malahide Township at the intersection of Elgin County Road 40 (Springfield Road) and Elgin County Road 45 (Calton Line), 7.8 kilometres (4.8 mi) southeast of the community of Aylmer.
The community has two churches, Sommerfeld Mennonite Church and Mount Salem Evangelical Mennonite Church, and Mount Salem Christian School, a JK–12 primary and secondary interdenominational Christian school that uses the facilities of the aforementioned two churches.
- "Mount Salem". Geographical Names Data Base. Natural Resources Canada. Retrieved 2017-03-18.
- Elevation taken at geographic coordinates from Google Maps. Accessed 2017-03-18.
- Map 2 (PDF) (Map). 1 : 700,000. Official road map of Ontario. Ministry of Transportation of Ontario. 2016-01-01. Retrieved 2017-03-18.
- Restructured municipalities - Ontario map #6 (Map). Restructuring Maps of Ontario. Ontario Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing. 2006. Retrieved 2017-03-18.
- "Township of Malahide" (JPG). Canadian County Atlas Project. McGill University. 2001. Retrieved 2017-03-18.
- "Sommerfeld Mennonite Church". Retrieved 2017-03-18.
- "Mount Salem Evangelical Mennonite Church". Retrieved 2017-03-18.
- "About MSCS". Mount Salem Christian School. Retrieved 2017-03-18.
|This Southwestern Ontario geographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|