Moussa Ag Amastan
|Musa Ag Amastan|
|Amenokal of the Kel Ahaggar|
Musa ag Amastan arriving in Paris (1910)
Hoggar Mountains, Algeria
Many of the French who had met Moussa noted his religiosity. Maurice Benhazera confirmed Moussa's religious fervour.
There are indications that Moussa's life did undergo a considerable change when he was about 30 years old (that is, c. 1897) in the form of an enhanced religiosity, which can be attributed to the spiritual mentorship of Bay al-Kunti  who resided in Téleya in the Adrar des Ifoghas.
In 1901 Musa ag Amastan was part of the Kel Ahaggar coalition leading a rezzu (invasion) against the Berabich of Azawad submitted to the French authorities in Timbuktu.
It was during the summer of 1910 that he travelled in France. Led officially by the captain Niéger and accompanied by the commander Laperrine, his journey then took the name of "Mission Touareg".
« Je ne pourrais pas vivre ici. Vous avez de la chance de les (toutes ces belles choses) posséder et de savoir vous en servir. Remerciez Dieu chaque jour. Il a été bon pour vous. ». (Translation: " I could not live here. You are lucky to have them (all these beautiful things) and know how to use them. Thank God every day. He has been good for you".
- Keenan, Jeremy (2 August 2004). The Lesser Gods of the Sahara: Social Change and Indigenous Rights. Routledge. p. 44. ISBN 9781135758059.
- Pandolfi, Paul. "In-Salah 1904/Tamanrasset 1905 : les deux soumissions des Touaregs Kel-Ahaggar". Cahiers d'études africaines. 38 (149): 47. doi:10.3406/cea.1998.1976. Retrieved 16 August 2016.
- Pandolfi, Paul. "In-Salah 1904/Tamanrasset 1905 : les deux soumissions des Touaregs Kel-Ahaggar". Cahiers d'études africaines. 38 (149): 45. doi:10.3406/cea.1998.1976. Retrieved 16 August 2016.
- See Valérie Chébiri, 2019, " Mission Touareg ", ou le voyage de l'Aménokal Moussa ag Amastan, Paris, Editions Saint-Honoré, for the timeline and details of this trip, as well as SMDBast Production on Youtube for videos on this topic.
- Valérie Chébiri, 2019 , p.108. See also SMDBast Production on Youtube for its documentaries and videos among which "Moussa ag Amastan et les Témoignages Connus de la "Mission Touareg" ".
|This Berber-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Algerian biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|