Prof. Muchkund Dubey is a Former Ambassador and Former Indian Foreign Secretary, the administrative head of the Indian Foreign Service, Government of India. He is also President of Council for Social Development (CSI), and Chairman of the Asian Development Research Institute, Patna. He is also a Professor in International Relations at the Jawaharlal Nehru University, Delhi and Professor Emeritus at the Foreign Service Institute.
He is researching a wide array of issues related to world economy, international monetary and trading systems, security and disarmament, South Asian cooperation and international relations. Currently teaches as faculty in course Post Graduate Diploma Programme in Development Studies and would be the first module for a Masters in Development Studies, under newly formed Ambedkar University, Delhi (AUD), which is mandated to focus on teaching and research in social sciences and the humanities both at the under graduate as well as post graduate level.
- Dubey, Muchkund (1994). Communal revivalism in India: a study of external implications. New Delhi: Har-Anand Publications. ISBN 9788124101971.
- Dubey, Muchkund (1995). Indian society today: challenges of equality, integration, and empowerment. New Delhi: Har-Anand Publications. ISBN 9788124103296.
- Dubey, Muchkund (1998). Subhas Chandra Bose: the man and his vision. New Delhi: Har-Anand Publications. ISBN 9788124105825.
- Dubey, Muchkund; Balakrishnan, Rajiv (2008). Social development in independent India: paths tread and the road ahead. Delhi, India: Pearson Longman. ISBN 9788131772638.
- Dubey, Muchkund; Jabbi, M. K. (2009). A Social charter for India: citizens' perspective of basic rights. Delhi, India: Pearson Longman. ISBN 9788131726679.
- Dubey, Muchkund (2013). India's foreign policy: coping with the changing world. Delhi: Pearson. ISBN 9788131730577.
- Dubey, Muchkund; Hussain, Akmal (2014). Democracy, sustainable development, and peace: new perspectives on South Asia. New Delhi: Oxford University Press. ISBN 9780198092346.
- Jaitley seeks consensus.. Ministry of Commerce & Industry, August 9, 2003.
- India's Foreign Secretary, Muchkund Dubey, discussed.. New York Times, March 24, 1991.
- Away but not Apart: Evolving Relationships between India and Her Diaspora
- faculty CSI website
- List of the Professor Emeritus at the Foreign Service Institute Foreign Service Institute, Ministry of External Affairs.