Mukerian railway station
|Indian Railway Station|
|Location||National Highway 1A, Mukerian, Hoshiarpur district, Punjab
|Elevation||257 metres (843 ft)|
|Owned by||Indian Railways|
|Operated by||Northern Railway|
|Tracks||Broad gauge 1,676 mm (5 ft 6 in)|
|Structure type||Standard on ground|
|Electrified||Expected to be completed in 2014-15|
The railway station
Mukerian railway station is at an elevation of 257 metres (843 ft) and was assigned the code – MEX.
The line from Jalandhar City to Mukerian was constructed in 1915. The Mukerian-Pathankot line was built in 1952. The construction of the Pathankot-Jammu Tawi line was initiated in 1965, after the Indo-Pakistani War of 1965, and opened in 1971.
- "Mukeria". indiarailinfo. Retrieved 14 February 2014.
- "Hoshiarpur – Punjab District Gazetteers". Chapter VII Communications – Railways. Retrieved 14 February 2014.
- "Train tales from bygone era". The Tribune, 20 April 2002. Retrieved 14 February 2014.
- "IR History: Part V (1970-1995)". IRFCA. Retrieved 14 February 2014.
- "Railway Electrification". Railway Electrification Directorate, Indian Railways. Retrieved 14 February 2014.
- "Electrification of Jammu Pathankot track likely to take another year". Early Time Plus. Retrieved 13 February 2014.
|Preceding station||Indian Railways||Following station|
|Northern Railway zone|
|This article about a railway station in the Indian state of Punjab is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|