Mumbai Educational Trust
Mumbai Educational Trust is a public charitable trust based in Mumbai and Nashik. The Mumbai institution was established in 1989 by CA Sunil G Karve and Chaggan Bhujbal. Later, in 2006 the trust expanded operations to Nashik. MET Nashik was inagurated by Smt. Pratibha Patil during her tenure as President of India. The Mumbai Educational Trust is a professionally managed, multi-disciplinary and multi-faceted institution of knowledge based in Mumbai & Nashik. Its premiere educational institutes conduct university accredited and autonomous courses. The institute is ISO 9001:2008 certified.
Chaggan Bhujbal Founder Chairman: His political and social career spans over four decades during which he has held number of high ranking civic and political posts such as the Mayor of the Mumbai Municipal Corporation as well as Deputy Chief Minister of the Govt. of Maharashtra. Mr. Bhujbal is also a former senior Cabinet Minister in the Govt. of Maharashtra.
CA Sunil G Karve, Founder Trustee & Vice Chairman: Professionally trained as a Chartered Accountant, Company Secretary and a law graduate, Karve Sir is a source of inspiration to students, teachers, educationists and institution builders. He co-founded the Mumbai Educational Trust in Mumbai (1989) and later at Nashik (2006). He realised the need for good, quality education and his vision was to develop an institute that would be a temple of knowledge. As a result of his efforts, the Mumbai Educational Trust was recognized as an NGO in special consultative status with the United Nations (UNECOSOC). Under his guidance, the trust created an environment to generate full and productive employment and decent work for the tribals at Waliv District in Vasai. It had an impact on the sustainable development of the district. In 2003 MET interns helped to initiate the “Paperless Committee”, a project designed to improve the NGO Committee’s working methods under Mr. Karve's guidance for which Dr. Hanifa Mezoui, Chief of the NGO Section/DESA and Programme Officer, Ms. Meena Sur thanked the MET League of Colleges for their contribution to the United Nations.
- "MET Institute of Management - MET IOM". https://targetstudy.com/. External link in
- "A leader in Education". Frontline. August 2003.
- "Candidates should contribute from day one: Sunil G Karve | Latest News & Updates at Daily News & Analysis". May 2010.
- MET official website
- "“Acquiring knowledge and scoring marks is not a mutually exclusive process” – CA Sunil G. Karve | Free Press Journal". Free Press Journal. Retrieved 2 Jan 2017.
- "President on two-day visit to Nashik from today | Business Standard News". Business Standard. Retrieved 27 November 2007.
- "Chhagan Bhujbal: The opportunist who went from Godse to Gandhi to Phule - Livemint". Livemint. Retrieved 19 March 2016.
- "Candidates should contribute from day one: Sunil G Karve | Latest News & Updates at Daily News & Analysis". DNA - Daily News & Analysis. Retrieved May 2010. Check date values in:
- "A leader in education". Frontline. August 2003.
- "A leader in education". Frontline. Retrieved 1 August 2003.
- "List of ECOSOC NGOs as of August 2003". http://www.staff.city.ac.uk. 2003. Archived from the original on 2003. Retrieved 2003. Check date values in:
|access-date=(help); External link in
- "Statement / submitted by Mumbai Educational Trust, a non-governmental organization in special consultative status with the Economic and Social Council". http://repository.un.org/. 25 May 2005. External link in
- "UN-NGO-IRENE UPDATE No. 27" (PDF). http://unpan1.un.org. Retrieved 27 October 2007. External link in
|This article about a university or college in Maharashtra, India is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|