|Born||Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, U.S.|
|Occupation||film director, producer, screenwriter, and cinematographer.|
1967 saw the release of the film Festival. Produced and directed by Lerner, the film was a documentary shot between 1963 and 1966 at the Newport Folk Festival that included performances by Buffy Sainte-Marie, Donovan, Pete Seeger, Judy Collins, Bob Dylan, Peter, Paul & Mary, Johnny Cash and Joan Baez. It was nominated for an Academy Award.
- Secrets of the Reef (1956)
- Festival (1967)
- Documentary about the Newport Folk Festival, 1963-65.
- Sea Dream (1978)
- From Mao to Mozart: Isaac Stern in China (1980)
- Magic Journeys (1982)
- Message to Love: The Isle of Wight Festival (1995)
- Documentary of the 1970 Isle of Wight Festival.
- Listening To You: The Who At The Isle Of Wight Festival (1996)
- Blue Wild Angel: Jimi Hendrix at the Isle of Wight (2002)
- Miles Electric: A Different Kind of Blue (2004)
- Nothing is Easy: Jethro Tull at the Isle of Wight (2005)
- The Birth Of A Band: Emerson,Lake & Palmer Isle of Wight 1970 (2006)
- Amazing Journey: The Story of The Who (2007)
- The Other Side of the Mirror: Bob Dylan at the Newport Folk Festival (2007)
- Dylan footage from the Newport Folk Festival, 1963-65.
- The Moody Blues: Threshold of a Dream: Live at the Isle of Wight Festival 1970 (2008)
- Leonard Cohen: Live At The Isle of Wight 1970 (2009)
- Murray Lerner on the IMDB
- Interview with Murray Lerner about "Festival" and "The Other Side of the Mirror" from 2008)
- Interview with Murray Lerner about "Leonard Cohen: Live At The Isle of Wight 1970" from October 2009
|This article about a United States film director is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|