Mutebi I of Buganda
|Ssekabaka Mutebi I|
|Kabaka of Buganda|
|Reign||1674 - 1680|
|Predecessor||Kateregga of Buganda|
|Successor||Juuko of Buganda|
Mbalwa, Kira Town
|Burial||Mbalwa, Kira Town|
2. Lady Nabukalu
3. Lady Naluyima
4. Lady Namawuba
5. Lady Nampiima
|Father||Kateregga of Buganda|
Claim to the throne
He was the son of Kabaka Kateregga Kamegere, Kabaka of Buganda, who reigned between 1644 and 1674. His mother was Namutebi of the Mamba clan, the eighth (8th) wife of his father. He ascended the throne following the death of his father in 1674. He established his capital at Muguluka.
He married five (5) wives:
- Nabitalo, daughter of Walusimbi, of the Ffumbe clan
- Nabukalu, daughter of Ndugwa, of the Lugave clan
- Naluyima, daughter of Nakatanza, of the Lugave clan
- Namawuba, daughter of Natiigo, of the Lugave clan
- Nampiima, daughter of Kibale, of the Mpeewo clan.
He fathered seven (7) sons:
- Prince (Omulangira) Lukenge, whose mother was Nabitalo
- Kabaka Tebandeke Mujambula, Kabaka of Buganda, who reigned between 1704 and 1724, whose mother was Nabukalu
- Prince (Omulangira) Mpiima, whose mother was Nampiima
- Prince (Omulangira) Kayima, whose mother was Naluyima
- Prince (Omulangira) Mawuba, whose mother was Namawuba
- Prince (Omulangira) Mukama, whose mother was Namawuba
- Prince (Omulangira) Matumbwe, whose mother was Namawuba
The final years
|King of Buganda
- "The History And Life of Kabaka Mutebi I". Royalark.ner. Retrieved 5 October 2014.
- "Ssekabaka Mutebi I Is Buried At Kongojje, Busiro". Buganda.com. Retrieved 5 October 2014.