My First Affair
|My First Affair|
|Soundtrack album by Lari White|
|Released||April 6, 2007|
|Label||Skinny WhiteGirl Records|
The cabaret show was at the Oak Room cabaret at The Algonquin Hotel in Manhattan, New York City on February 12, 2007. The show included a mix of pop, country, gospel and Broadway songs including several original compositions by White. The album was released on April 6, 2007 on Skinny White Girl Records.
- “Please Be Kind/ Gotta Have Me Go With You” (Sammy Kahn, Saul Chapman/ Harold Arlen, Ira Gershwin) - 2:30
- “There’s A Terrific Band” (Alan Bergman, Marilyn Bergman, Billy Goldenberg) - 3:32
- “Doatsy Mae” (Carol Hall) - 3:12
- “Minor Changes” (Lari White) - 2:14
- “Museums” (Steven Lutvak) - 4:33
- “Forgiveness’ Embrace” (Stephen Schwartz) - 4:00
- “Love Me or Leave Me” (Walter Donaldson, Gus Kahn) - 2:15
- Richard Rogers Medley: “Falling in Love With Love” (Richard Rodgers, Lorenz Hart) / “A Cockeyed Optimist” (Oscar Hammerstein II, Richard Rodgers) - 2:49
- “Over and Over” (Lari White) - 3:46
- “It Ain’t My Business” (DeSpain, Anderson-Lopez) - 3:26
- Yentl Medley: “Where is it Written?” (Alan Bergman, Marilyn Bergman, Michel Legrand) / “No Wonder” (Alan Bergman, Marilyn Bergman, Michel Legrand)/ “A Piece of Sky” (Alan Bergman, Marilyn Bergman, Michel Legrand) - 6:42
- “It’s A New World” (Ira Gershwin, Harold Arlen) - 2:04
- Producer: Lari White
- Recorded Live by: Chris Herles and Jean Pierre Perreaux At the Metropolitan Room at Gotham, courtesy Chris Mazzilli
- Directed by: Eric Michael Gillett
- Piano: Don Rebic
- Bass: Steve Doyle
- "Grammy Winner White Mixes Nashville, Broadway in Cabaret Debut". Bloomberg News. March 1, 2007. Retrieved 2010-10-16.
Lari White, a gamin powerhouse with several Grammys, made her New York cabaret debut Tuesday at the Algonquin Hotel in a high-energy set titled ``My First Affair that offered Johnny Cash and Broadway standards with equal volume, and equal finesse.
- Brian Scott Lipton (February 28, 2007). "Lari White: My First Affair". Retrieved 2010-10-16.
Broadway star Lari White is making a most auspicious cabaret debut in a show cheekily entitled My First Affair, which runs only through March 3.
- My First Affair (CD). Lari White. Skinny WhiteGirl Records. 2007.
- Stephen Holden (March 1, 2007). "The Broadway-country-gospel singer Lari White pulled a fast one in the opening moments of her New York cabaret debut in the Oak Room of the Algonquin Hotel on Tuesday evening. ...". New York Times. Retrieved 2010-10-15.
- Peter Haas, Cabaret Scenes, March 1, 2007, ""
- All Music Guide, ""