This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Myrath in Madrid
|Also known as||X-Tazy (2001-2005)|
|Labels||Edel/EarMusic - VeryCords - Nightmare Records - King Records - Groove Master|
|Members||Malek Ben Arbia |
|Past members||Oualid Issaoui |
In early 2005, the band, at the time named "X-Tazy", created and independently released Double Face, a self-produced fan EP.
In early 2006, the band got an opportunity to open for Robert Plant and Adagio, playing for over 7000 music fans and meeting their future producer, Adagio's keyboard player Kevin Codfert. With the support of Kevin, Myrath recorded their first full-length album Hope. The band was signed by the French label Brennus-Music and Hope was released in 2007 in France. The album was well-received, and led to a number of festival performances in Europe. They are heavily influenced by folkloric Tunisian music and their producer, Kevin Codfert supported their endeavour in creating a distinct genre for the band, a genre that combines Metal music with Tunisian folklore.
Their follow-up album Desert Call was released in early 2010. It was a second turning point in Myrath's career in terms of increased recognition and increasing their fan base, garnering an even wider interest from the media and promoters.
The third Myrath album Tales of the Sands was released in late 2011. They supported the album by touring with bands such as Dream Theater, HIM, W.A.S.P., Tarja Turunen and toured around the world (including Dubai, USA, India, Europe, North Africa) over a few years. The band also made their first live appearance on US soil at ProgPower USA, in 2013, and headlined ProgPower Europe in Netherlands. Myrath have secured a slot on the new Symphony X tour in Europe for early 2016. Still in 2016, they released their fourth album, Legacy. Also in 2016, vocalist Zaher Zorgati was cast as a guest singer in Ayreon's album The Source.
During interviews they always state that they are highly influenced by their Tunisian culture and North African heritage. They show this via including Arabic and Tunisian dialect in the chorus of their songs.
- Double Face (2005) - released only in Tunisia under the name X-Tazy
- Hope (2007)
- Desert Call (2010)
- Tales of the Sands (2011)
- Legacy (2016)
- Shehili (2019)
Myrath has performed live at festivals including Metal Rock Fest in Lillehammer, Progpower Europe 2010 in the Netherlands, and Metal Ride Festival in France. In 2013, they made their USA concert debut on the 8th of September at ProgPower USA XIV in Atlanta.
- "MYRATH". Epic Metal Fest 2016. Retrieved 2017-07-03.
- "Guest Musicians". New Ayreon Album. Retrieved 29 December 2016.
- "EXCLUSIVE: Interview with Myrath". Retrieved 2017-04-21.
- "Myrath "Legacy"". Nightmare Records. Retrieved 8 December 2018.
- "MYRATH NEW ALBUM SHEHILI OUT MAY 3RD 2019!". earMusic. Retrieved 23 February 2019.
- bravewords.com. "ProgPower Europe 2010 - DAY SIX Replaces ASPERA". bravewords.com. Retrieved 2017-04-10.
- "Metal Rock Fest, Lillehammer at Outdoors @ SAS Radison Hotel () on 15 Aug 2008 — Last.fm". www.last.fm. Retrieved 2017-04-10.
- "Myrath". ProgPower USA XVIII. Retrieved 2017-04-10.
- "MYRATH TO HEADLINE A SHOW IN THE ANTIQUE THEATER OF CARTHAGE IN TUNISIA | Myrath | Myrath - Official website". Myrath. Retrieved 2017-04-18.