|This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Myrath in Madrid
|Also known as||X-Tazy (2001-2005)|
|Genres||Oriental metal, progressive metal, power metal|
|Labels||Edel/EarMusic - VeryCords - Nightmare Records - King Records - Groove Master|
|Members||Malek Ben Arbia
|Past members||Oualid Issaoui
In early 2005, they created and independently released Double Face, a self-produced fan EP (under the name "X-Tazy").
In early 2006, the band got an opportunity to open for Robert Plant and Adagio, playing for over 7000 music fans and meeting their future producer, Adagio's keyboard player Kevin Codfert. With the support of Kevin, Myrath recorded their first full-length album Hope. The band was signed by the French label Brennus-Music and Hope was released in 2007 in France. The album was well-received, and led to a number of festival performances in Europe.
Their follow-up album Desert Call was released in early 2010. It was a second turning point in Myrath's career in terms of increased recognition and increasing their fan base, garnering an even wider interest from the media and promoters.
The third Myrath album Tales of the Sands was released in late 2011. They supported the album by touring with bands such as Dream Theater, HIM, W.A.S.P., Tarja Turunen and toured around the world (including Dubai, USA, India, Europe, North Africa) over a few years. The band also made their first live appearance on US soil at ProgPower USA, in 2013, and headlined ProgPower Europe in Netherlands. Myrath have secured a slot on the new Symphony X tour in Europe for early 2016. Still in 2016, they released their fourth album, Legacy. Also in 2016, vocalist Zaher Zorgati was cast as a guest singer in Ayreon's upcoming album The Source.
- 2005: Double Face (Released only in Tunisia) under the name X-Tazy
- 2007: Hope (Brennus Music)
- 2010: Desert Call (XIII Bis Records for Europe and Nightmare Records for the rest of the world)
- 2011: Tales of the Sands (XIII Bis Records for Europe, Nightmare Records for the US and King Records for Asia)
- 2016: Legacy (Edel - EarMusic for Europe, VeryCords for France, Nightmare Records for the US, King Records for Asia and Groove Master for MENA Region)
- Malek Ben Arbia – guitar (2001–present)
- Elyes Bouchoucha – keyboards, backing vocals (2003–present)
- Anis Jouini – bass (2006–present)
- Zaher Zorgati – lead vocals (2007–present)
- Morgan Berthet – drums (2011–present)
- Walid Issaoui – guitar (2001–2003)
- Fahmi Chakroun – drums (2001–2004)
- Saief Louhibi – drums (2004–2011)
- Zaher Hamoudia – bass (2001–2004)
- Tarek Idouani – lead vocals (2001–2003)
- Piwee Desfray – drums (2011-2012)
Myrath has performed live at festivals including Metal Rock Fest in Lillehammer, Progpower Europe 2010 in the Netherlands, Metal Ride Festival in France, and ProgPower USA XIV in Atlanta.
- "Guest Musicians". New Ayreon Album. Retrieved 29 December 2016.