Mystery Case Files: The Malgrave Incident
|Mystery Case Files: The Malgrave Incident|
North American cover
|Developer(s)||Big Fish Games
|Series||Mystery Case Files|
Mystery Case Files: The Malgrave Incident is an puzzle adventure video game developed by Big Fish Games together with Sanzaru Games and published by Nintendo, for the Wii video game console. It was first released in North America on June 27, 2011. It was released in Europe on September 9, 2011. This is the third game in the series to be developed on a different platform and the second one to be published by Nintendo.
The player roams an island and must find items and then use them to get more items in order to beat the game.
The game was first announced on April 13, 2011 as Mystery Case Files: Dust to Dust but due to some issues, Big Fish Games changed the title into The Malgrave Incident together with the release of two new screenshots. On early June 2011, Nintendo released a teaser video of the game and opened a website on Nintendo's website. On June 7, 2011, Mystery Case Files: The Malgrave Incident became a part of the Electronic Entertainment Expo 2011 (E3 2011) where the game was demonstrated in front of the public and released the official trailer of the game.
Colin Moriarty of IGN wrote that the game was only for a small niche of casual gamers and would not be satisfying to most players. He described its craftsmanship as "insanely low-resolution graphics" and had similar criticism for its soundtrack. Moriarty wrote that the adventure genre was dead and only those who specifically sought out the type of game would appreciate it.
- "The Malgrave Incident | Mystery Case Files Official Site". Mystery Case Files. Retrieved 2013-08-11.
- "New Screenshots Released for Mystery Case Files on the Wii Console". Bigfishgames.com. Retrieved 2012-07-05.
- "Mystery Case Files: The Malgrave Incident on". Nintendo.com. Retrieved 2012-07-05.
- "Tijdlijnfoto's". Facebook. Retrieved 2013-08-11.
- Moriarty, Colin (July 5, 2011). "Mystery Case Files: The Malgrave Incident Review". IGN. Ziff Davis. Archived from the original on July 30, 2015. Retrieved July 30, 2015.
- Mystery Case Files: The Malgrave Incident Official Website
- Mystery Case Files: The Malgrave Incident on Nintendo.com
- Mystery Case Files: The Malgrave Incident on MysteryCaseFiles.com