This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Nadine Ann Marie Spencer|
December 17, 1967|
|Education||York University, Toronto|
Nadine Ann Marie Spencer (born December 17, 1967, Kingston, Jamaica) is a businesswoman, activist and philanthropist. She is the chief executive officer of BrandEq Agency, a marketing and communications agency. Spencer owns a group of gourmet food companies - QGourmet and The Indulgent Foodie.
Spencer grew up in Kingston, Jamaica and graduated from York University with an honors degree in political science in 1987.
When she left University in 1987 she started her first company and she is currently the chief executive officer of Brand EQ Group Inc. Spencer created The Food Network Delicious Food Show, featuring celebrity chefs Padma Lakshmi, Colin Cowie Lynn Crawford, Mark McEwan, and David Rocco. She is founder and CEO of the Nadine Spencer Company (NSCO), which consists of a group of gourmet food companies (OhMyGourmet, Q Gourmet Inc., and The Indulgent Foodie).
Spencer publishes articles on food trends and restaurant reviews. She has been featured in The New York Times, Women's Post, The Toronto Star, The Toronto Sun and other trade journals, as well as TV appearances that include Breakfast Television, City-Line, and PBS’s Find! She was director of The Delicious Food show at Merchandise Mart Properties (MMPI), launching and creating Canada’s first upscale food lifestyle show in Toronto. This was sponsored by the Food Network Canada. She is featured on the Successful Black Women Entrepreneurs & Executives list, along with Oprah Winfrey, Michele J. Hooper and Michelle Gadsden-Williams. Flow - Accelerating Women Entrepreneurs.
Spencer has won numerous awards for her achievements, including -
- The UN Volunteer Award and
- Dale Carnegie Highest Achievement Award for Public Speaking.
- "Glamorous Gastronomy: Nadine Spencer relishes in the decadent world of gourmet food".Rhonda Campbell, Madam Noir. Retrieved December 18 2012
- "Latest data breach strips Ashley Madison bare".Sunny Freeman, Toronto Star. Retrieved August 20 2015
- "Nadine Spencer". BlackEntrepreneurProfile.com. Retrieved April 1, 2010.
- "The Delicious Food Show is Coming to Toronto". The Hip and Urban Girl's Guide. Retrieved Aug. 24 2011
- "Successful Black Women Entrepreneurs & Executives". BlackEntrepreneurProfile.com. Retrieved April 5, 2010.
- "Flow - Accelerating Women Entrepreneurs". Retrieved April 5, 2010.