Nagpur West (Vidhan Sabha constituency)
This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Nagpur West (constituency number 56) is one of the 12 Vidhan Sabha constituencies located in the Nagpur district. It is one of the wealthiest constituencies in Nagpur. Areas where the rich and famous of Nagpur live, like Civil Lines, Byramji Town and Ramdaspeth fall in this constituency.
It is a part of the Nagpur Lok Sabha constituency along with five other Vidhan Sabha segments in this district, namely, Nagpur South West, Nagpur South, Nagpur East, Nagpur Central and Nagpur North(SC).
Members of Legislative Assembly
- 1962: Sushila Balraj, Congress
- 1967: Sushila Balraj, Congress
- 1972: Sushila Balraj, Congress
- 1978: Bhau Mulak, Congress
- 1980: Gev Avari, Congress
- 1985: Gev Avari, Congress
- 1990: Vinod Gudadhe Patil, Bharatiya Janata Party
- 1995: Vinod Gudadhe Patil, Bharatiya Janata Party
- 1999: Devendra Fadnavis, Bharatiya Janata Party
- 2004: Devendra Fadnavis, Bharatiya Janata Party
- 2009: Sudhakar Shamrao Deshmukh, Bharatiya Janata Party
- 2014: Sudhakar Shamrao Deshmukh, Bharatiya Janata Party
- "District wise List of Assembly and Parliamentary Constituencies". Chief Electoral Officer, Maharashtra website. Retrieved 1 November 2010.
|This Nagpur district, Maharashtra, India location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|