Naogaon Government College
|নওগাঁ সরকারি কলেজ|
|Latin: Collegium Imperium Naogaon|
Motto in English
|Knowledge is power|
|Principal||S. M. Jillur Rahman|
|Location||Naogaon, Rajshahi, Bangladesh|
Naogaon Government College (Bengali: নওগাঁ সরকারি কলেজ) is a public educational institution based in Naogaon District, Bangladesh. It was established in 1962 with 300 students, and currently serves about 16,000. It is situated at the north-east part of Naogaon and is authorized by the National University.
Its 11-acre (45,000 m2) campus has two three-story buildings, one of which is used for administrative and academic purpose that also includes a library enriched with more than 25,000 books and another building is for science faculty.
Naogaon Government College was nationalized in 1980.
Naogaon Government College, also known as Naogaon University College, was first planned in 1959. In that time the Administrator Mr. Abdul Baten established the foundation at the north-east part of Naogaon. It was workable at the time of Abdur Rob Chawdhory. In 1962 with the help of some local people of Naogaon, a degree college was established with 3 years graduation courses. But the student could not accept it. As a result, it was neglected and after some days the HSC Course was also started. In 1980, Naogaon Government College was nationalized. Now it is Naogaon Government College. In 1996, the college had started honors in 10 subjects and masters in 9 subjects. Its area is almost 11 acre.
The college has 16 departments:
- Department of Bangla
- Department of English
- Department of Economics
- Department of Political Science
- Department of Arabic & Islamic Studies
- Department of Islamic History and Culture
- Department of Geography & Environment
- Department of Physics
- Department of Zoology
- Department of Botany
- Department of Chemistry
- Department of Mathematics
- Department of History
- Department of Marketing
- Department of Psychology
- Department of Philosophy
- Department of Statistics
Residential student halls
There are 2 residential Hall for male students And 2 for female students.
- Free WiFi
- Chalkmuli High School
- Chalkmomin Government Primary School
- Naogaon Zilla School
- Nazipur Government College
- মাননীয় অধ্যক্ষ মহোদয়ের কার্যকাল [Principals' Tenure]. Naogaon Government College (in Bengali). Retrieved 4 December 2013.
- Karim, Rezaul (2012). "Naogaon District". In Islam, Sirajul; Jamal, Ahmed A. Banglapedia: National Encyclopedia of Bangladesh (Second ed.). Asiatic Society of Bangladesh.
- তথ্য সেবায় [Information Service]. Naogaon Government College (in Bengali).
|This article about education in Bangladesh is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|