Napa Valley Marathon
|Napa Valley Marathon|
|Location||Napa County, CA|
|Distance||Marathon, Half Marathon, and 5k|
The Napa Valley Marathon is an annual marathon, half marathon, and 5K in Napa County, California. The USATF-certified marathon course begins in Calistoga at the northwestern tip of Napa County, and then traverses the Silverado Trail, ending in downtown Napa. The race's course is primarily rolling hills or flat as it moves through rural California Wine Country. The Napa Valley Marathon has been run in March since 1979, accepts only about 3,000 runners, and is widely considered one of the most scenic marathons in the United States. The men's and women's winners of the race win their weight in wine.
- "Home". Napa Valley Marathon. Retrieved 2021-02-09.
- "What's Doing In The; Napa Valley". The New York Times. January 19, 2003.
- Karp, Jason (2012-10-18). Running a Marathon For Dummies. John Wiley & Sons. ISBN 9781118432105.
- Malan, Denise (2014-04-01). The Runner's Bucket List: 200 Races to Run Before You Die. Triumph Books. ISBN 9781623688257.
- Richard Benyo, Joe Henderson (2002). Running Encyclopedia. Human Kinetics.
napa valley marathon.CS1 maint: uses authors parameter (link)
- "Top 10 Marathons Worth Traveling For". Forbes. Jan 29, 2014.
- "Awards". napavalleymarathon.org.