Narendra Narayan Park
The Narendra Narayan Park is a botanical garden located in Cooch Behar town of West Bengal. It was established in 1892. It is named after erstwhile ruler of princely state of Cooch Behar, Shri Narendra Narayan. It was founded by Maharaja Nripendra Narayan, who named it after his father. It covers an area of 5.7 hectares including 1 hectare of water body. Its chief objectives are recreation and botanical studies.
The park campus houses the Bidhan Chandra Krishi Viswavidyalaya and the park is maintained by Forest department of West Bengal. In February 2013, a statue of Maharaja Nripendra Narayan, the founder of the park was unveiled on the occasion of his 150th birth anniversary celebrations.
- A Directory of Botanic Gardens and Parks in India by R. K. Chakraverty, D. P. Mukhopadhyay - 1990 - Page 31
- Plant Diversity and Conservation in India: An Overview by H. J. Chowdhery, Sri Krishna Murti - 2000 - Page 190
- Forests Gardens Parks And Urban Environment by D. N. Tiwari 1995 - Page 161
- Narendra Narayan Park India - Cooch Behar
- "North Bengal & Sikkim News". The Telegraph, Calcutta. 8 February 2013. Retrieved 12 December 2013.