নসরুল হামিদ বিপু
|State Minister for Power, Energy and Mineral Resources|
|Assumed office |
22 January 2014
|Prime Minister||Sheikh Hasina|
|Member of Parliament|
|Assumed office |
|Preceded by||Amanullah Aman|
|Born||13 November 1964|
Dhaka, East Pakistan, Pakistan
|Political party||Bangladesh Awami League|
|Alma mater||University of Dhaka|
Nasrul Hamid (born 13 November 1964) is an Awami League politician and the State Minister for the Ministry of Power, Energy, and Mineral Resources of Bangladesh.
Early life and education
Hamid was born on 13 November 1964. He completed his S.S.C. in 1980, and his H.S.C. in 1982 from the Dhaka Residential Model College. He completed his bachelor's degree from University of Dhaka.
Hamid took primary membership of the Awami League in 1995, being appointed as the General Secretary of the Keraniganj Upazila Awami League. He competed in the General Election of 2001. Hamid was elected to Parliament from Dhaka-3 (Keraniganj) in 2008. He received 112,623 votes while his nearest rival, Gayeshwar Chandra Roy of Bangladesh Nationalist Party, received 70,680 votes.
Hamid was elected to Parliament from Dhaka-3 as a candidate of Awami League in 2018. During the election his rival Gayeshwar Chandra Roy of Bangladesh Nationalist Party was assaulted by Awami League activists and police officers from Detective Branch. He visited Roy after the incident and expressed regreats.
Hamid has been serving as State Minister for the Ministry of Power, Energy and Mineral Resources from 2014. He has been appointed again to the same position for second time in the year of 2019 and he has joined on January 7, 2019.
Hamid is also a patron of CRI (Center for Research and Information), which is the Research Wing of Awami League. Hamid intervened personally to ensure a 305 million USD contract for Matarbari Port went to a consortium composed of Marubeni Corporation, Vitol, and PowerCo International, a little known company with a 100 dollar paid up capital based in Singapore. PowerCo International is owned by Hamid's uncle and linked to his family owned Hamid Group.
Hamid was awarded the Order of Civil Merit (Orden del Civil Mérito) of Spain from Spanish Ambassador Álvaro de Salas Giménez de Azcárate on behalf of King Felipe VI of Spain at a programme in Dhaka.
- "Ministry of Power, Energy and Mineral Resources". mpemr.gov.bd. Retrieved 13 August 2021.
- "ORWA | Old Remians Welfare Association". ORWA | Old Remians Welfare Association. Retrieved 5 May 2019.
- "Nasrul Hamid -নসরুল হামিদ". Amarmp. Retrieved 13 August 2021.
- "Ministry of Power, Energy and Mineral Resources". mpemr.gov.bd. Retrieved 7 October 2021.
- "Bangladesh Parliament Election - Detail Results - Amar Desh Online". amardesh.com. Retrieved 13 August 2021.
- "Nasrul Hamid -নসরুল হামিদ History". Amarmp. Retrieved 13 August 2021.
- "new age". Retrieved 13 August 2021.
- "Bangladesh National Parliament".
- "AL candidate Nasrul visits injured Goyeshwar". The Daily Star. 26 December 2018. Retrieved 13 August 2021.
- "Nasrul Hamid visits injured opponent Gayeshwar". Dhaka Tribune. 26 December 2018. Retrieved 13 August 2021.
- "Power corruption: All the state minister's men". Netra News — নেত্র নিউজ. 11 August 2021. Retrieved 13 August 2021.
- "Nasrul Hamid receives Spain's highest civil honour". The Financial Express. Retrieved 5 May 2019.
- Media related to Nasrul Hamid at Wikimedia Commons