Nasya is a kind of Panchakarma treatment for body cleansing a used in Ayurvedic medicine. Administration of drugs by the route of nasal cavity is termed as nasya, nāvana, nasya karma, etcetera are synonymous to nasya. Randomized controlled clinical trials have shown reduction in the signs and symptoms of cervical spondylosis by nasya. Clinical trials of nasya have been carried out for myopia. Pradhamana nasya is used by ayurvedic physicians and have been found useful to treat chronic sinusitis.
- Samgraha, Ashtanga (2012). "Nasya Vidhi Suthrasthana 29/2". In Sharma, Shivprasad. Ashtanaga Samgraha Indu virachita Sasilekha vyakhyaya samanvita. Varanasi, India: Chowkhamba Sanskrit Series Office. p. 223. ISBN 81-7080-186-9.
- Radhika, C; Kumar, K; Mihirjan, Gvinod (2012). "A randomized controlled clinical trial to assess the efficacy of Nasya in reducing the signs and symptoms of cervical spondylosis". AYU. 33 (1): 73–7. doi:10.4103/0974-8520.100316. PMC 3456869. PMID 23049188.
- Das, Banamali; Ganesh, Ravim; Mishra, PK; Bhuyan, Gurucharan (2010). "A study on Apabahuka (frozen shoulder) and its management by Laghumasha taila nasya". AYU. 31 (4): 488–94. doi:10.4103/0974-8520.82048. PMC 3202264. PMID 22048545.
- Gupta, Durgeshprasad; Rajagopala, Manjusha; Dhiman, Kartarsingh (2010). "A clinical study on Akshlike itarpana and combination of Akshitarpana with Nasya therapy in Timira with special reference to myopia". AYU. 31 (4): 473–7. doi:10.4103/0974-8520.82045. PMC 3202262. PMID 22048542.
- Chaudhari, Varsha; Rajagopala, Manjusha; Mistry, Sejal; Vaghela, DB (2010). "Role of Pradhamana Nasya and Trayodashanga Kwatha in the management of Dushta Pratishyaya with special reference to chronic sinusitis". AYU. 31 (3): 325–31. doi:10.4103/0974-8520.77165. PMC 3221066. PMID 22131734.
- Panigrahi, HK (2006). "Efficacy of ayurvedic medicine in the treatment of uncomplicated chronic sinusitis". Ancient Science of Life. 26 (1–2): 6–11. PMC 3335227. PMID 22557218.
|This article about alternative medicine is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|