Nathan Green (footballer)
|Full name||Nathan Green|
|Date of birth||8 June 1992|
|Place of birth||Bermondsey, England|
|Playing position||Defender / Midfielder|
|2010||→ Chipstead (loan)||?||(?)|
|2012||→ Kingstonian (loan)||3||(0)|
|2014–2015||Dagenham & Redbridge||7||(0)|
|2014||→ St Albans City (loan)||4||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 30 June 2017|
He started his career in the Youth system at Croydon Athletic, before breaking into the first team in 2008 whilst still in the youth team. In January 2010, he joined Isthmian League Division One South side Chipstead on loan, where he gained invaluable experience. After he returned to the club in March 2010, he was part of the Croydon side that won the title and gained promotion to the Isthmian League Premier Division.
He stayed with the Rooks for a season before transferring to fellow Conference South side Bromley in August 2011. In January 2012, he was released by Bromley, however his registration was retained.
Shortly after, he dropped to the Isthmian League Premier Division signing for Billericay Town, helping them to the league title at the end of the season. Following promotion, he was a regular for Billericay in the Conference South before joining Isthmian League Premier Division Kingstonian on loan in December 2012. He returned to Billericay at the end of the month.
In January 2013, he joined Conference South side Tonbridge Angels on a free transfer. During his time with the Angels he featured regularly in the first team, however, he could not save the side from relegation to the Isthmian League in his first full season with the club.
In June 2014, he signed for Football League Two side Dagenham & Redbridge for an undisclosed fee, signing a one-year contract. He made his professional debut for Dagenham & Redbridge in a 2–0 defeat to Northampton Town in September 2014, replacing George Porter as a substitute. However, he struggled to cement a regular place in the first team and in November 2014 he was sent out on loan to Conference South side St Albans City on a one-month loan after just eight appearances for the club. He made his debut in the 1–1 draw with Wealdstone in the FA Trophy, scoring a late equalising goal with a spectacular thirty-yard effort. Green returned to Dagenham at the end of December having made six appearances for the club. In January 2015, his contract was terminated by Dagenham and he left the club by mutual consent having only made eight appearances for the first team.
He immediately joined Conference Premier side Dartford on a six-month contract until the end of the season. He made his debut for the club the next day in the 2–1 home defeat to Kidderminster Harriers.
After one season with Margate, Green joined Dulwich Hamlet of the Isthmian League Premier Division ahead of the 2016–2017 season. He went on to score his first goal for the club against Metropolitan Police in a 1-1 away draw on 20 September 2016, before going on to score his second goal with the opener against Chesham United in a 4-0 home FA Trophy victory on 12 November 2016.
- As of end of 2016–17 season
|Club||Season||League||FA Cup||League Cup||Other||Total|
|Billericay Town||2012–13||Conference South||17||2||3||0||—||3[b]||0||23||2|
|Kingstonian (loan)||2012–13||IL Premier Division||3||0||—||—||—||3||0|
|Tonbridge Angels||2012–13||Conference South||19||0||—||—||—||19||0|
|Dagenham & Redbridge||2014–15||League Two||7||0||1||0||0||0||0||0||8||0|
|St Albans City (loan)||2014–15||Conference South||4||0||—||—||2[c]||1||6||1|
|Margate||2015–16||National League South||40||1||3||0||—||2[d]||0||45||1|
|Dulwich Hamlet||2016–17||IL Premier Division||42||3||2||0||—||15[e]||2||59||5|
- One appearance in FA Trophy, one in Kent Senior Cup, one in London Senior Cup
- Two appearances in FA Trophy, one in Essex Senior Cup
- Appearances in FA Trophy
- One appearance in FA Trophy, one in Kent Senior Cup
- Two appearances in the Isthmian League Play Offs, ten appearances and two goals in FA Trophy, three appearances in Isthmian League Cup
- Isthmian League Premier Division champions: 2011–12
- Nathan Green at the English National Football Archive (subscription required)
- "Dagenham & Redbridge". FootballSquads. Retrieved 29 November 2014.
- "Bermondsey & Rotherhithe PSFA Former District Team Players Currently at Professional Clubs". Bermondsey & Rotherhithe PSFA. Retrieved 15 September 2014.
- "Defender Joins Daggers". Dagenham & Redbridge F.C. 23 June 2014. Retrieved 15 September 2014.
- "Folkestone draw secures Croydon Athletic promotion". Your Local Guardian. 21 April 2014. Retrieved 15 September 2014.
- "Two More Join Rooks". Football Conference. 6 November 2010. Retrieved 15 September 2014.
- "Bromley boss banking on new signings to help stem the tide". Bromley Times. 13 January 2012. Retrieved 10 September 2014.
- "Non league weekend match previews". Echo News. 7 December 2012. Retrieved 15 September 2014.
- "Postponed Eastleigh game 'a blessing in disguise' for Billericay". Brentwood Gazette. 20 December 2012. Retrieved 15 September 2014.
- "Nathan Green Signs for the Angels". Tonbridge Angels F.C. 6 January 2013. Retrieved 16 September 2014.
- "Green for Daggers". Non League Pitchero. 24 June 2014. Retrieved 16 September 2014.
- "Daggers boss Burnett: We weren't at the races against Northampton Town". Ilford Recorder. 8 September 2014. Retrieved 10 September 2014.
- "Green Goes on Loan". Dagenham & Redbridge F.C. 27 November 2014. Retrieved 29 November 2014.
- "Late Trophy drama as Stones frustrate Saints". St Albans Review. 30 November 2014. Retrieved 10 December 2014.
- "Nathan Green". Aylesbury United F.C. Retrieved 26 October 2016.
- "Green Leaves For Dartford". Dagenham & Redbridge F.C. 3 January 2015. Retrieved 4 January 2015.
- "Dartford FC sign former Tonbridge Angels player Nathan Green on a free transfer from Dagenham & Redbridge". Kent Online. 3 January 2015. Retrieved 4 January 2015.
- "Games played by Nathan Green in 2014/2015". Soccerbase. Centurycomm. Retrieved 15 September 2014.
- "Margate FC sign Dartford FC winger Nathan Green and former Dagenham & Redbridge midfielder Danny Green". Kent Online. Retrieved 9 June 2015.
- "Ming Returns, Green Arrives". Dulwich Hamlet F.C. 1 June 2016. Retrieved 1 June 2016.
- "Metropolitan Police 1-1 Dulwich Hamlet". Dulwich Hamlet F.C. 21 September 2016. Retrieved 24 September 2016.
- "Dulwich Hamlet 4-0 Chesham Utd". Dulwich Hamlet F.C. 13 November 2016. Retrieved 14 November 2016.
- "N. Green". Soccerway. Retrieved 26 October 2016.
- "Nathan Green". Kingstonian F.C. Retrieved 26 October 2016.
- "Tonbridge Angels 1–1 AFC Sudbury". Kent Sports News. Retrieved 16 September 2014.
"Tonbridge Angels see off AFC Sudbury in FA Trophy replay". Kent & Sussex Courier. Retrieved 16 September 2014.
"Hayes & Yeading Utd 0 Tonbridge Angels 0". Hayes & Yeading United F.C. Retrieved 16 September 2014.
"Tonbridge Angels 2 Hayes & Yeading Utd 1". Hayes & Yeading United F.C. Retrieved 16 September 2014.
"St Albans City 2–1 Tonbridge Angels". Kent Sports News. Retrieved 16 September 2014.
- "Nathan Green - First XI 2016/2017". Dulwich Hamlet F.C. Retrieved 12 May 2018.