National Day of Encouragement
|National Day of Encouragement|
|Next time||September 12, 2023|
The first proclamation for the Day of Encouragement was made by Mayor Belinda LaForce of Searcy, Arkansas on August 22, 2007. In September Mike Beebe, the Governor of Arkansas, signed a proclamation making September 12, 2007 the "State Day of Encouragement" for Arkansas.
The Encouragement Foundation is making plans to get more states involved in the National Day of Encouragement in the future.
- Slavin, Phillip. "National Holiday Started by Harding Encourages Encouragement". Searcy.com. Retrieved 12 September 2018.
- "National Day of Encouragement- September 12". 12 September 2008.
- http://www.dayofencouragement.org Encouragement Foundation Website
- http://www.encyclopedia.com/doc/1P2-17148941.html Arkansas-Founded 'National Day of Encouragement' Gets White House Endorsement and Senate Resolution
- Martinez, Thelma Garcia (16 September 2016). "NATIONAL DAY OF ENCOURAGEMENT 2016". The Bison. Harding University. Retrieved 16 September 2016.