Natural Currents Energy Services
Natural Currents Energy Services, LLC is a developer and installer of hydro-electric systems. They produce scalable underwater turbines designed to capture energy from the tides of rivers and oceans. They hold Federal Energy Regulatory Commission ("FERC") energy development permits at 10 sites in the US, roughly 25% of the total tidal zone permits granted by FERC. The company has designed two models of turbine, the Red Hawk Tidal Power Generator and the Sea Dragon Tidal Turbine.
Natural Currents has partnered with the City College of New York to assess sites with potential for tidal power development. The 18-month study is funded by grants from the New Jersey Department of Transportation and the University Transportation Research Center.
On Mar. 5, 2012, Natural currents released results from a study of tidal currents off the coast of New Jersey for 2008 to 2009. The findings indicate a conservative estimate of 417 MW of potential tidal power in New Jersey, compared to the 357 MW measured by a Georgia Tech Report in 2011.
- United States of America Before the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, Hydroelectric Infrastructure Technical Conference Docket No. AD06-13-000]
- Long Island Tidal and Wave Energy Study:An Assessment of the Resource,January 2007 Prepared for:Long Island Power Authority
- Green Energy Newsletter, January-February, 2007, Issue 07-01
- Global Network for Forecasting Earthquakes
- Long Island Tidal and Wave Energy Study
- Green Energy News. "Natural Currents Energy Services and City College of New York to Identify New Jersey Tidal Energy Sites." http://www.green-energy-news.com/nwslnks/clips610/jun10016.html
Sources & External Links
|This article about renewable energy is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a United States company or corporation involved in the energy industry is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|