This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (September 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
portrait with mural, Haggerston London May 2011
Nazir Tanbouli (born 1971) is an Egyptian born artist. He was born and raised in Alexandria, Egypt and studied at the University of Alexandria Faculty of Fine Arts. His uncle is the painter Ibrahim El-Tanbouli (b. 1954) and his great uncle was the painter and Egyptologist Lotfy El-Tanbouli (1919–1982). He works in drawing and painting, especially mural painting.
Born into a family of painters, including painter and Egyptologist Lotfy El Tanbouli Nazir Tanbouli was awarded the 1993 Grand Drawing Prize at the National Salon of Youth, Egypt and participated in Cairo Bienniale and many other exhibitions in Egypt and abroad. He spent a number of years exclusively in mural painting. In 2002 he moved to the United Kingdom. He lived for several years in Nottingham where he was an active artist and educator, and began to exhibit around Europe. In 2007 he moved to London where he lives and works.
In 2010 he completed an MA in Fine Art (Printmaking) at Camberwell College of Arts. He co-founded the artist-run space Studio 75, which creates projects and hosts exhibitions. Tanbouli has received significant awards from the Arts Council of England as well as private foundations, and his work is held in public collections in Egypt and a number of private collections in the UK. In 2012 he created the mural project THE KING'S LAND, covering a semi derelict East London housing estate with murals.
- Walls of Freedom Ed. Don Stone and Basma Hamdy 2014, http://wallsoffreedom.com/thebook ISBN 3937946470
- "Mural at De Montfort Hall Celebrates Black History Month 2005 | Culture24". www.culture24.org.uk. Retrieved 2017-12-05.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2014-04-29. Retrieved 2014-04-29.
- "Artist Turns Dalston Estate Into A "Mythical Kingdom"". Londonist. Retrieved 31 March 2012.
- "Nazir Tanbouli and The Kingsland Mural Project". GLOBAL STREET ART. Retrieved 2017-12-05.
- "Monster smash: soon-to-be-demolished Kingsland Estate murals – Now. Here. This. – Time Out London". Time Out Blog. Retrieved 2017-12-05.
-  http://www.hackneygazette.co.uk/news/massive_mural_brightens_up_haggerston_1_905067. Nazir Tanbouli mural in London May 2011.
-  http://www.nottinghamvisualarts.net/artnot/events/jun19/257/nazir-tanbouli-talk-baptism-hailstones. Nazir Tanbouli artists talk at the Surface Gallery Nottingham 2009
-  http://www.hackneygazette.co.uk/news/artist_wins_praise_for_haggerston_mural_1_775121. Tanbouli making the foundation of Studio 75 Haggerston, London
-  http://www.michaelforbes.org.uk/michael/essay_Eddie_Chambers.html. Tanbouli in exhibition "Next We Change Earth" at the New Art Exchange Nottingham 2009
-  http://miltonkeynes.com/constructed-mythologies-art-exhibition-until-6-july-2008.html. Tanbouli mural exhibition Centre MK 2008
-  http://www.culture24.org.uk/places+to+go/east+midlands/leicester/art30920. Tanbouli mural exhibition DeMontfort Hall Leicester 2005
-  http://www.julietgompertstrust.co.uk/artists/Tanbouli/CASOLE3.html. Tanbouli recipient of Juliet Gomperts Award 2006
-  http://weekly.ahram.org.eg/2000/466/cu1.htm. Tanbouli at Downtown Festival Cairo 2000
-  http://www.nazirtanbouli.com. Nazir Tanbouli's website.
-  Nazir Tanbouli interior mural in Dalston 2013
-  Article in Cairo Scene about Nazir Tanbouli
-  Nazir Tanbouli's work in animation music video by Spiritwo
-  Nazir Tanbouli at Quozhappens 2013