|Died||1981 (aged 57)|
Pratapgarhi hailed from Pratapgarh, Uttar Pradesh, India.
He mainly wrote Urdu Ghazals. He was a disciple of Seemab Akbarabadi. His collection of ghazals titled Naya Saaz Naya Andaz was published by the Uttar Pradesh Urdu academy. In 1983, he received the "Ghalib Award" in recognition of his contribution to Urdu Literature.
He faced financial difficulties throughout his life and even when he approached the film industry, he did not sell his lyrics, although he led a poor life.
- "URDU AUTHORS : DATE LIST.S.No.1448". Urdu Council.Nic.In. 2006-05-31. Retrieved 2012-08-05.
- Indian Literature, Volume 28. Sahitya Akademi page=167. 1985.
- "POETIC LITERATURE". Up Urdu Akademi.Org. Retrieved 2012-08-05.
- "LIST OF THE RECEPIENTS(sic) OF GHALIB AWARD-1983". Ghalib Institute.com. Retrieved 2012-08-05.
- "Conversations". Mobi.IBN.In.Com. Retrieved 2012-08-05.
|This article about a poet from India is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|