|Born||Neil Anthony Dodgson
1966 (age 51–52)
|Residence||Wellington, New Zealand|
|Institutions||University of Cambridge|
|Thesis||Image resampling (1992)|
|Doctoral advisor||Neil Wiseman|
|Doctoral students||James Gain
Neil Anthony Dodgson is Professor of Computer Graphics at the Victoria University of Wellington. He was previously (until 2016) Professor of Graphics and Imaging in the Computer Laboratory at the University of Cambridge in England, where he worked in the Rainbow Group on computer graphics and interaction.
Dodgson graduated with a Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science and Physics from Massey University in 1988 and subsequently worked there as a Junior Lecturer in Computer Science for one year. He was awarded a Cambridge Commonwealth Trust Prince of Wales Scholarship to study at the University of Cambridge, where he worked on image resampling supervised by Neil Wiseman and graduating with a PhD in 1992.
Dodgson worked for many years on stereoscopic 3D displays, conducting research principally into autostereoscopic methods. He has contributed to several surveys of the field and has been on the committee of the annual Stereoscopic Displays and Applications conference since 2000, co-chairing the conference four times.
Dodgson has supervised almost twenty research students for PhDs.
Dodgson also takes an interest in abstract art.
- Neil Dodgson publications indexed by Google Scholar
- Neil Dodgson at the Mathematics Genealogy Project
- Gain, J.E.; Dodgson, N.A. (2001). "Preventing self-intersection under free-form deformation". IEEE Transactions on Visualization and Computer Graphics. 7 (4): 289Ð298. doi:10.1109/2945.965344.
- Brooks, Stephen; Dodgson, Neil (30 June 2002). "Self-similarity based texture editing". ACM Transactions on Graphics. 21 (3). doi:10.1145/566654.566632.
- Cashman, Thomas J.; Augsdörfer, Ursula H.; Dodgson, Neil A.; Sabin, Malcolm A. (27 July 2009). "NURBS with extraordinary points". ACM Transactions on Graphics. 28 (3): 1. doi:10.1145/1531326.1531352.
- Neil Dodgson's publications indexed by the Scopus bibliographic database, a service provided by Elsevier. (subscription required)
- Massey University Calendar, 1988(?1989)
- Dodgson, Neil (1992). Image Resampling (PhD thesis). University of Cambridge. OCLC 27159480.
- Dodgson, N.A. (1 August 2005). "Autostereoscopic 3D displays". Computer. 38 (8): 31Ð36. doi:10.1109/MC.2005.252.
- Holliman, Nicolas S.; Dodgson, Neil A.; Favalora, Gregg E.; Pockett, Lachlan (1 June 2011). "Three-Dimensional Displays: A Review and Applications Analysis". IEEE Transactions on Broadcasting. 57 (2): 362Ð371. doi:10.1109/TBC.2011.2130930.
- Dodgson, Neil A. (20 March 2013). "Optical devices: 3D without the glasses". Nature. 495 (7441): 316Ð317. doi:10.1038/495316a.
- "Stereoscopic Displays & Applications". Retrieved 5 August 2013.
- "Neil Dodgson's PhD students". University of Cambridge. Archived from the original on 2015-04-26. Retrieved 2013-08-03.
- Dodgson, Neil (9 December 2010). "Sculpture: Engineering art". Nature. 468 (7325): 762Ð763. doi:10.1038/468762a.