||It has been suggested that this article be merged with Neo 1973. (Discuss) Proposed since August 2015.|
||It has been suggested that this article be merged into Openmoko. (Discuss) Proposed since August 2015.|
||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. (May 2015)|
|This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (May 2015)|
|Release date||July 3, 2008|
|Media||microSD, SDHC capable
Wolfson WM8753 Codec
|Operating system||Openmoko Linux, Qt Extended, Debian, Stable Hybrid Release, Android, Gentoo (all Linux-based), Inferno|
|CPU||Samsung S3C2442 SoC @ 400 MHz|
|Memory||128 MB SDRAM
256 MB NAND flash
|Display||2.8 in. VGA (480×640) TFT, 286 pixels/in.|
2 hardware buttons
WiFi (802.11 b/g)
USB 1.1 slave and host
2.5-mm audio jack
|Power||4.4 Wh (1200 mAh @ 3.7V) battery|
|Dimensions||120.7 × 62 × 18.5 (mm)|
The Neo FreeRunner (development code name GTA02) is an open source smartphone that is developed by the Openmoko project and manufactured by FIC. It is the successor to the first development phase smartphone Neo 1973, and is intended for users with a high demand for customizability.
The Neo FreeRunner includes features that were not present in the development release of the phone (Neo 1973). The changes include 802.11 b/g Wi-Fi, SMedia 3362 graphics accelerator, two 3D accelerometers, Samsung 2442 SoC, and 256 MB of flash memory.
As of the 2008.08 software revision only the GSM phone module is working reliably; the Freerunner's hardware does not yet have fully functional software interfaces. The software development is split between Qtopia under X11, GTK+, FSO, Debian. There are also some derivates of the Openmoko main distribution SHR and FDOM (Fat and Dirty Openmoko). The vanilla Qtopia distribution is recommended by Openmoko for users not wishing to use early development stage software, and FDOM for those who want to test the latest features and fixes without worrying about stability.
- Moss-Pultz, Sean (2009-01-03). "Questions and Answers". openmoko-community (Mailing list). Retrieved 2015-02-18.
- "SHR - Openmoko". Wiki.openmoko.org. 2010-09-30. Retrieved 2013-08-19.
- Shiloh, Michael (2008-02-08). "GTA02 Battery Capacity (Was: Re: More about the GTA02)". openmoko-community (Mailing list). Retrieved 2008-02-21.
- Mosher, Steven (2008-04-11). "GFreeRunner Pricing and PVT update". openmoko-community (Mailing list). Retrieved 2008-04-12.
- "Group sales - Openmoko". Wiki.openmoko.org. 2012-10-17. Retrieved 2013-08-19.
- Moss-Pultz, Sean (2007-06-28). "New Oceans". openmoko-announce (Mailing list). Retrieved 2007-06-28.
- Debian On the Openmoko Neo FreeRunner Phone, Slashdot article.
- "inferno-openmoko - inferno for openmoko neo freerunner - Google Project Hosting". Code.google.com. Retrieved 2013-08-19.
- "Android - Openmoko". Wiki.openmoko.org. 2012-01-09. Retrieved 2013-08-19.
- [dead link]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Neo FreeRunner.|