|Meaning||uncertain; possibly "lady"|
Nerys is a Welsh feminine given name. It may be a modern coinage, an elaboration of Middle Welsh ner "lord, chief" (which relates to the modern Welsh words nêr "hero" and nerth "manliness, courage") using the popular suffix -ys (found in Carys, Dilys, Gladys and Glenys).
People with the name
- Nerys Evans (born 1980), Welsh politician
- Nerys Hughes (born 1941), Welsh actress
- Nerys Jones (born 1984), Welsh athlete
- Kira Nerys, one of the main characters in Star Trek: Deep Space Nine (Nerys is her given name)
- Nerys, a character in Doctor Who
- Nerys Bailey, a character (mother of Roger) in My Family
- Nerys Edwards, a character in Gwaith/Cartref
- Nerys - character from the novel ‘Clovenhoof’.
|given name. If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change that link to point directly to the intended article.This page or section lists people that share the same|