This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (June 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Net Optics is a manufacturer of network monitoring and intelligent access solutions for physical and virtual networks.☃☃ The company was established in 1996 by Eldad Matityahu. Ixia announced the purchase of Net Optics on October 29, 2013.
Net Optics’ line of passive network monitoring access devices includes taps, bypass switches, regeneration taps, aggregators, data monitoring switches, and media converters. Products are designed and manufactured in the United States. Net Optics' Network Performance Monitoring and Application Flow Monitoring solutions extend visibility and control into the application layer.
Ixia was than purchased by Keysight former Agilent former HP .
Net Optics was founded in 1996 by Eldad Matityahu. The company’s original focus was producing network taps - hardware devices that monitor network traffic. Net Optics now offers a range of network monitoring solutions for telecommunications, banking, finance, government and large enterprise. In 2011, Net Optics introduced the Phantom Virtual Tap, granting users 100% visibility in monitoring virtual network environments.
In January 2012, Net Optics announced its entry into the Network Performance Monitoring (NPM)/ Application Performance Monitoring (APM) arena with the acquisition of Triplelayer, a private Australia-based distributor, and its sister company, nMetrics, which specializes in network and application analysis software. The first solution featuring the companies’ combined strengths, called the appTap, offers visibility and analytics for remote and branch offices. The company’s Network Performance Monitoring family, called Spyke, extends Net Optics' Access Switching capabilities via an integrated solution that offers application intelligence (statistics, analysis) through deep packet inspection.
Net Optics and Triplelayer have an eight-year history of joint deployments for global telecommunications providers, financial services firms and enterprises across the Asia-Pacific (APAC) region. Triplelayer has been the primary distributor of Net Optics products in APAC since 2010.
Net Optics works with various companies to produce compatible products for their respective industries. Net Optics is currently working with Cisco Systems, F5 Networks, TippingPoint, Oracle, Palo Alto Networks, Hewlett Packard, McAfee, and Imperva.
- "Made in America: Who is manufacturing in America?". Network World. May 22, 2012.
- Cox, Mark (February 27, 2012). "Net Optics announces Spyke network performance monitoring solution for SMBs". eChannelLine.
- Xavier, Jon (April 15, 2011). "Net Optics grows by finding new ways to tap data streams". Silicon Valley/San Jose Business Journal.
- Berndtson, Chad (February 16, 2011). "Net Optics Enables Holistic Monitoring For Physical, Virtual Networking". CRN.
- Sibley, Lisa (January 23, 2012). "Net Optics acquires nMetrics and Triplelayer". Silicon Valley/San Jose Business Journal.
- Neagle, Colin (January 23, 2012). "Net Optics acquires nMetric, targets network intelligence". Network World. Archived from the original on October 12, 2012.
- Janakiraman, Shamila (August 4, 2009). "Net Optics, F5 Networks to Enhance Application Availability and Network Reliability for Businesses". TMCnews.
- Increase Application Availability with External Bypass Switches, April 2009 white paper.
- Berndtson, Chad (August 23, 2011). "Palo Alto Networks Expands Managed Security Services Program". CRN.
- Panettieri, Joe (January 24, 2011). "Imperva Launches PartnerSphere Cloud Alliance (PCA)". Talkin' Cloud.