Patterson in 1969.
February 10, 1920|
Near Nevada, Iowa, United States
|Died||December 14, 2010
Brentwood, California, United States
|Spouse(s)||Thomas Gallagher (m. unknown date; div. 1948)
Michael Ellis (m. 1953; div. 1956)
James Lee (m. 1957; his death 2002)
Neva Louise Patterson (February 10, 1920 – December 14, 2010) was an American actress.
Born on a farm near Nevada, Iowa, Patterson and her parents moved to New York City in 1938. She made her Broadway debut in 1947's The Druid Circle. In 1952, she played Helen Sherman in The Seven Year Itch. Her first feature movie was the 1953 film Taxi. Other film credits include The Buddy Holly Story, All of Me, and An Affair to Remember.
Patterson's television credits included Nichols, in which she played a cantankerous elderly matriarch, The Governor & J.J., and as Eleanor Dupres in V, which she reprised in V: The Final Battle. She made guest appearances on Appointment with Adventure, The Defenders, Ben Casey, Maude, Ironside, Charlie's Angels, Barnaby Jones, The Dukes of Hazzard, The Waltons, The Rockford Files, and St. Elsewhere.
On December 14, 2010, Patterson died from complications from a broken hip at age 90.
- Taxi (1953)
- The Solid Gold Cadillac (1956)
- Desk Set (1957)
- An Affair to Remember (1957)
- The Spiral Road (1962)
- David and Lisa (1962)
- Dear Heart (1964)
- Counterpoint (1968)
- Skin Game (1971)
- All The President's Men (1976)
- The Domino Principle (1977)
- The Buddy Holly Story (1978)
- Star 80 (1983)
- V (1983) (TV)
- V: The Final Battle (1984) (TV)
- All of Me (1984)
- "Neva Patterson dies at 90; actress played Cary Grant's fiancee in 'An Affair to Remember'" Los Angeles Times 17 December 2010
- Neva Patterson, Actress in ‘Affair to Remember’, Dies at 90 Associated Press December 17, 2010