Patterson in 1969
February 10, 1920|
Near Nevada, Iowa, U.S.
|Died||December 14, 2010
Los Angeles, California
|Spouse(s)||Thomas Gallagher (m. unknown date; div. 1948)
Michael Ellis (m. 1953; div. 1956)
James Lee (m. 1957; d. 2002)
Neva Louise Patterson (February 10, 1920 – December 14, 2010) was an American actress.
Born on a farm near Nevada, Iowa, the daughter of a mailman and a seamstress, Patterson and her parents moved to New York City in 1938. She made her Broadway debut in 1947's The Druid Circle. In 1952, she played Helen Sherman in The Seven Year Itch. Her first feature movie was the 1953 film Taxi. Other film credits include The Buddy Holly Story, All of Me, and An Affair to Remember.
Patterson's television credits included Nichols, in which she played a cantankerous elderly matriarch, The Governor & J.J., and as Eleanor Dupres in V, which she reprised in V: The Final Battle. She made guest appearances on Appointment with Adventure, The Defenders, Ben Casey, Maude, Ironside, Charlie's Angels, Barnaby Jones, The Dukes of Hazzard, The Waltons, The Rockford Files, and St. Elsewhere.
On December 14, 2010, Patterson died from complications from a broken hip at age 90.
- Taxi (1953) - Miss Millard
- The Solid Gold Cadillac (1956) - Amelia Shotgraven
- Desk Set (1957) - Miss Warriner
- An Affair to Remember (1957) - Lois Clark
- Too Much, Too Soon (1958) - Blanche Oehrichs aka Michael Strange
- The Spiral Road (1962) - Louise Kramer
- David and Lisa (1962) - Mrs. Clemens
- Dear Heart (1964) - Connie Templeton
- Counterpoint (1968) - Dorothy
- Skin Game (1971) - Mrs. Claggart
- All The President's Men (1976) - CRP Woman
- The Domino Principle (1977) - Gaddis
- The Buddy Holly Story (1978) - Mrs. Ella Holly
- Star 80 (1983) - Playboy Executive
- V (1983, TV Mini-Series) - Eleanor Dupres
- V: The Final Battle (1984, TV Mini-Series) - Eleanor Dupres
- All of Me (1984) - Gretchen
- "Neva Patterson dies at 90; actress played Cary Grant's fiancee in 'An Affair to Remember'", Los Angeles Times, December 17, 2010.
- Neva Patterson, Actress in ‘Affair to Remember’, Dies at 90, nytimes.com, December 17, 2010.