New is an English surname, occurring in Britain and countries to which British people have emigrated, including Australia, Canada, New Zealand et cetera.
Some immigrants of Central European origins with names like Neu or Neumann have anglicised their family name to New.
People with the surname New include
- Edmund Hort New, English illustrator
- George New, (1894–1963), American artist
- Hannah New, British actress
- Jane New, wife of band leader Tommy Dorsey
- Jeptha Dudley New (1830–1892), U.S. Representative from Indiana
- John C. New (1831–1906), Treasurer of the United States, 1875–76
- John D. New (1924–1944), U.S. Medal of Honor recipient
- Tom New, English cricketer
- Thomas New, Australian pioneer born in England
- W. H. New, b. 1938, Canadian poet and literary critic
- Chris New, b. 1981, British actor
|This page lists people with the surname New. If an internal link intending to refer to a specific person led you to this page, you may wish to change that link by adding the person's given name(s) to the link.|