New York Cake
|New York Cake|
a U.S. version of the cover.
|Studio album by Kano|
|Recorded||1981, G.R.S. Studios Milano, Italy|
|Length||34:11 (original vinyl album) resp. 41:43 (2009 CD release)|
|Label||Full Time Records (Italy)
Mirage Records (US)
Emergency Records (Hong Kong, US)
Funky Town Grooves (UK)
|Producer||Luciano Ninzatti, Matteo Bonsanto, Stefano Pulga|
New York Cake is a 1981 Italo disco album by Italian band Kano, recorded for Full Time Records and released in the United States under Mirage label. It has been produced by its members, namely Luciano Ninzatti, Matteo Bonsanto, Stefano Pulga. The album features Italian Top 3 hit "Baby Not Tonight" and American #89 Hit "Can't Hold Back (Your Loving)".
The Album included 'chic-esque' funky basslines, especially by the Tracks A1, B3 and the 2009 Bonustrack.
In 2009 the British label 'Funky Town Grooves' released the album, in a limited edition, for the first time on CD (FTG-162) with the Bonustrack "Can't Hold Back (Your Loving)" (Extended 12"). The album was taken from a vinyl LP not the master-tapes.
The song "Can't Hold Back (Your Loving)" was featured on video game Grand Theft Auto V.
All songs written by L. Ninzatti, S. Pulga, Mammared, B. Addoms.
|1.||"Can't Hold Back (Your Loving)"||4:46|
|2.||"She's a Star"||5:51|
|3.||"Baby Not Tonight"||6:58|
|2.||"Round and Round"||5:00|
|3.||"Don't Try to Stop Me"||7:00|
- Cover: Novella Massaro
- Art direction: Michelangelo Farina
- Executive Producer: Luciano Ninzatti, Matteo Bonsanto, Stefano Pulga
- Associate producer: Claudio Donato
- Engineers: Bruno Malasoma, Luciano Ninzatti, Matteo Bonsanto, Stefano Pulga
- Mixing: Bruno Malasoma
- Backing Vocals: Lella Esposito, Linda Wesley, Rossana Casale
- Bass guitar: Dino D'Autorio
- Bass guitar (tracks: A3, B3): Julius Farmer
- Drum kit: Flaviano Cuffari
- Drum kit: Tullio De Piscopo (tracks: A3, B3)
- Electric guitar: Luciano Ninzatti
- Keyboards: Stefano Pulga
- Percussion: Maurizio Preti
- Arrangement, songwriters: Luciano Ninzatti, Stefano Pulga
|US Billboard 200||#189|
|US R&B Albums||#53|