Nick Arnold (footballer)
|Full name||Nicholas Samuel Arnold|
|Date of birth||3 July 1993|
|Place of birth||Tadley, England|
|Height||5 ft 11 in (1.80 m)|
|2013–2014||→ Wycombe Wanderers (loan)||31||(0)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 18:10, 15 August 2020 (UTC)|
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 15 November 2016 (UTC)
Arnold joined the Academy at Reading in 2007 and signed a scholarship agreement two years later before turning professional in 2011. He signed a new deal in summer 2012 before extending his contract for a further year on 14 June 2013.
After signing a new contract he immediately joined Wycombe Wanderers on a season-long loan and made his debut as a late substitute against Morecambe on 3 August. He made his full debut two weeks later, starting in the 1–0 home defeat to Mansfield Town. After 33 appearances in all competitions, he returned to Reading at the end of the season and was released by the club in May.
He trialled at Bradford City in the summer but did not join the club on a permanent basis and eventually signed for Conference Premier side Woking in August 2014. On 6 September 2014, Arnold made his Woking debut in a 3–1 home victory over Lincoln City, in which he replaced Chris Arthur with eight minutes remaining.
After struggling to make an impression at Woking, Arnold joined Conference South side Whitehawk in October 2014. On 1 November 2014, Arnold made his Whitehawk debut in a 0–0 draw with Havant & Waterlooville, in which he played the full 90 minutes. On 20 December 2014, Arnold scored his first Whitehawk goal in a 2–0 away victory against Sutton United. Arnold played a key part in Whitehawk's playoff campaign, in which they were defeated 2-1 by Boreham Wood in the final through a goal from Junior Morias.
On 3 October 2015, Arnold scored his first goal of the 2015/16 campaign in a 6–0 home victory over St Albans City. On 8 May 2016, Arnold scored the opener in a play-off semi-final tie against Ebbsfleet United. The tie resulted in a 2–1 victory for Whitehawk therefore bringing it to a 3–3 result on aggregate. However, Whitehawk were unsuccessful once again in their promotion aim, with a 3–2 defeat on penalties. Arnold was named as right back in the Conference South league team of the season in both years he was at Whitehawk.
On 28 June 2016, Arnold joined National League side Aldershot Town on a one-year deal, after his contract at Whitehawk was set to expire. On 13 August 2016, Arnold made his Aldershot Town debut in a 2–0 victory against Wrexham, playing the full 90 minutes.
- As of match played 15 August 2020.
|Club||Season||League||FA Cup||League Cup||Other||Total|
|Wycombe Wanderers (loan)||2013–14||League Two||31||0||0||0||0||0||2[a]||0||33||0|
|2015–16||National League South||37||2||4||0||—||2[c]||1||43||3|
|Aldershot Town||2016–17||National League||29||1||1||0||—||2[d]||0||32||1|
|Wealdstone||2019–20||National League South||19||0||3||0||—||2[e]||0||24||0|
|Dartford||2019–20||National League South||5||0||0||0||—||0||0||5||0|
|Eastbourne Borough||2020–21||National League South||0||0||1||0||—||0||0||1||0|
- "Clubs submit retained and released lists". The Premier League. Retrieved 3 August 2013. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Arnold takes heart from Harriman". Wycombe Wanderers F.C. Retrieved 3 August 2013. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Induction for new intake". Reading F.C. Archived from the original on 20 July 2009. Retrieved 3 August 2013. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Royals aim to extend ten contracts". Reading F.C. Archived from the original on 20 June 2012. Retrieved 1 September 2013. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Arnold agrees deal and loan". Reading F.C. Retrieved 1 September 2013. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Arnold arrives at Adams Park". Wycombe Wanderers F.C. Retrieved 3 August 2013. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Wycombe Wanderers 1–0 Morecambe". BBC Sport. Retrieved 3 August 2013. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Report: Blues 1–0 Morecambe". Wycombe Wanderers F.C. Retrieved 3 August 2013. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Wycombe Wanderers 0–1 Mansfield Town". BBC Sport. Retrieved 18 August 2013. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Games played by Nick Arnold in 2013/2014". Soccerbase. Centurycomm. Retrieved 4 May 2014.
- Watts, Charles (12 May 2014). "Arnold and D'Ath released as summer clear out continues at Reading FC". Reading Post. Retrieved 12 May 2014. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Parker, Simon (14 July 2014). "Bradford City: Parkinson must find answer to keeper conundrum". Telegraph & Argus. Bradford. Retrieved 14 July 2014. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Nick Arnold - Woking sign former Reading defender". BBC Sport. Retrieved 27 August 2014. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Nick Arnold". Woking F.C. Retrieved 27 August 2014. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Woking vs. Lincoln City". Soccerway. 6 September 2014.
- "ARNOLD MAKES WHITEHAWK SWITCH". Pitchero Non League. 27 October 2014.
- "Whitehawk vs. Havant & Waterlooville". Soccerway. 1 November 2014.
- "Sutton United vs. Whitehawk". Soccerway. 20 December 2014.
- "Boreham Wood vs. Whitehawk". Soccerway. 9 May 2015.
- "Whitehawk vs. St Albans City". Soccerway. 3 October 2015.
- "Ebbsfleet United vs. Whitehawk". Soccerway. 8 May 2016.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 11 February 2017. Retrieved 9 February 2017. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "SHOTS SIGN NICK ARNOLD". Aldershot Town F.C. 28 June 2016.
- "Aldershot Town 2-0 Wrexham". BBC Sport. 13 August 2016. Retrieved 20 August 2016. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "N. Arnold". Soccerway.
- Nick Arnold at Soccerbase