Nick Bell (Australian entrepreneur)
|Alma mater||Victoria University, Australia|
|Known for||Founder of Removify, WME, Appscore|
Nick Bell (born 14 August 1980) is an Australian businessman. He has founded or co-founded several companies in Australia and internationally, including WME, Appscore, and Removify. He has been listed on the AFR Rich List four times with a personal fortune of $217 million.
Early life and education
Bell was born in Victoria where he was raised on a farm. He attended Mowbray High School, then went on to Victoria University, Australia. He left and went to London where he worked for several bars, prior to returning to Melbourne to continue his studies. He spent six weeks studying for a business degree before leaving school without graduating.
In 2008 at the age of 24, Bell launched his first business selling skincare products. He later closed the business due to supply chain issues. He started WME, a search marketing firm he launched from his home with $400. His group of companies grew to 850 employees and $110 million in revenue by 2019. Bell sold one of his 11 agencies, WME to Melbourne IT for $39 million in 2017, but stayed on to expand the company internationally. Outside of WME, Bell has founded or co-founded over 12 companies, including Appscore, Primal, and First Page Digital.
- Singer, Michelle (7 September 2019). "Sunrise Beach, Qld". The Australian.
- Magazine, Anthill. "Australia's first start-up school targets school leavers as an alternative to university and gap year". Anthill Online. Retrieved 21 January 2016.
- Smith, Fiona (23 March 2016). "How WME's Nick Bell perfected the art of the cold call". Australian Financial Review. Retrieved 18 October 2016.
- "HSC results 2015: How 'terrible' result didn't stop businessman hitting heights". The Daily Telegraph.
- Carey, Alexis (30 October 2018). "How Melbourne man Nick Bell went from flat broke to rich-lister in just 10 years". News.com.au.
- Jacobs, Daniel (23 November 2015). "When there's a will there's a way: founder of WME, Australia's largest digital marketing agency rises from failure to $45 million". Dynamic Business.
- Simmons, David (4 July 2019). "Removify was Nick Bell's startup itch that needed to be scratched". Business News Australia.
- "Serial entrepreneur, BRW Young Rich Lister and successful investor" (PDF). ThePRHub.
- D'Mello, Christine (7 November 2017). "How Alex Louey and Nick Bell turned a $3000 app start-up into $25 million business Appscore". The Sydney Morning Herald.
- Powell, Dominic (1 July 2019). "'They can't fight back': Businesses can now get fake reviews removed through new Removify platform". Smart Company.
- Hendy, Nina (1 July 2019). "Negative review? Now you can just delete it". The Sydney Morning Herald.
- O'Brien, Jennifer (2 May 2017). "Aussie entrepreneur Nick Bell sells WME Group to Melbourne IT". CMO.