||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2013)|
Nicholas M. Donofrio (born 1945) was the Executive Vice President of Innovation and Technology at the IBM Corporation until 2008.
Donofrio was born in Beacon, New York in 1945. He earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute in 1967 and a Master of Science in the same discipline from Syracuse University in 1971. He has also received an honorary doctorate in Engineering from the Polytechnic University of New York, and an honorary doctorate in Science from the University of Warwick in the United Kingdom. He joined IBM in 1967 as an engineer, but moved into management positions which led him to his most recent position.
He serves on the Board of the National Commission on the Future of Higher Education and is a Director at Liberty Mutual Group.
Awards and positions held
- Industry Week magazine's Technology Leader of the Year (2003)
- University of Arizona's Technical Executive of the Year
- Rodney D. Chipp Memorial Award from the Society of Women Engineers
- The Cooper Union for the Advancement of Science and Art Urban Visionaries Award for Engineering
- Business Week magazine’s 25 Top Innovation Champions
- Fellow, Institute for Electrical and Electronics Engineers
- Fellow, U.K-based Royal Academy of Engineering
- Commencement Keynote Speaker, esteemed Advisor,Neumont University
- Contributor, US Department of Education Commission on Higher Education, 2006
- Member of the US-based National Academy of Engineering
- Member of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences
- Member of the Board of Directors for the Bank of New York Mellon Corporation
- Member of the Board of Directors for Wigix, Inc.
- Member of the Board of Trustees at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
- Co-chair of the New York Hall of Science
- Member of the Board of Directors for The Council for the United States and Italy
- IBM Fellow *Honorary
- 2010 recipient of the IRI Medal from the Industrial Research Institute
- Member of the Board of Trustees for the MITRE Corporation
- Member of the Board of Directors for TopCoder, Inc.
- Member of the Board of Directors for Sproxil
- "Archived: Commission Roster -- The Secretary of Education's Commission on the Future of Higher Education". www2.ed.gov. Retrieved 2015-05-07.
- "Liberty Mutual Group Board of Directors". www.libertymutualgroup.com. Retrieved 2015-05-07.
- "Sproxil Appoints Dr. Gunther L. Faber, C. Hunter Boll & Nicholas Donofrio to Board of Directors" (Press release). Retrieved 2015-05-07.
|This article about an American businessperson born in the 1940s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|