December 4, 1972 |
Berkeley, California, U.S.
|Other names||Christine Taylor, Christine Tyler, Morgan Rae, Christine, Christina Tyler, Nicki Tyler, Nikki Tyer|
|Height||5 ft 5 in (1.65 m)|
|Weight||114 lb (52 kg; 8.1 st)|
|Spouse(s)||? (early 2000s - ?)|
|No. of adult films||71 (per IAFD)|
Nikki Tyler (born December 4, 1972 in Berkeley, California) is a former pornographic actress best known for her work in the 1990s and for her selection as the December 1995 Penthouse Pet of the Month.
Tyler started acting in high school where she acted in several musical performances. She later moved to Los Angeles to attend college, where she was studying to become a clinical psychologist. In order to pay for her studies, she began appearing in nude photo shoots and became one of the top nude models in the USA, with layouts in over 100 top men's magazines, including Penthouse. Tyler later dropped out of college and attended makeup school and landed a job doing makeup for Vivid Video. After working there for 1½ years, several established stars in the industry, including Celeste and Ashlyn Gere convinced her that she should change her profession and become a pornographic actress instead.
Tyler's first foray into the adult industry was a lesbian scene with Jeanna Fine in the film American Pie (1995). That was followed by another lesbian scene the same year in the film Virtual Reality 69. This time together with Jenna Jameson, whom she was living with at the time. She received an exclusive Vivid contract after those two films. Tyler and Jameson had previously met during a Suzi Randall photo shoot and Jameson recounts in her autobiography that the two of them "hit it off immediately". Tyler would later become Jameson's mentor in the industry for a while. She became Penthouse magazine's Pet of the Month in December 1995 and has been a Vivid Girl. After her Vivid contract, she went on to work for companies such as Wicked Pictures and Adam & Eve. Tyler went on to appear in Club International, Hustler, High Society, and Velvet magazine.
Tyler was in an off-screen lesbian relationship with porn actress Jenna Jameson. The couple lived together for a number of years before they separated. Jameson continued to see Tyler even during the period when she got involved with Jay Grdina. Tyler retired from the industry in the early 2000s. As of 2004, she is living with her husband and daughter in California.
- Jameson, Jenna (2006). How to Make Love Like a Porn Star: A Cautionary Tale. Regan Books. p. 569. ISBN 0060539097.
- Staff. "Nikki Tyler: Personal Biography". IAFD. Retrieved 18 February 2014.
- "Born 4 Porn: Jenna Jameson". by Amy Benfer, August 3, 2003, Papermag. Retrieved May 2, 2015.
- Jameson, Jenna (2006). How to Make Love Like a Porn Star: A Cautionary Tale. Regan Books. pp. 58–159. ISBN 0060539097.
- "Jenna Jameson". AskMen.com Model of the Week feature. Retrieved February 1, 2007.
- Milne, Carly (2005). Naked Ambition: Women who are Changing Pornography. Avalon Publishing Group. p. 74. ISBN 9780786715909.
- Nikki Tyler at the Internet Movie Database
- Nikki Tyler at the Internet Adult Film Database
- Nikki Tyler at the Adult Film Database
- Nikki Tyler on Twitter
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Nikki Tyler.|
|This pornography-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|