|Type||Digital single-lens reflex|
|Lens||Interchangeable, Nikon F-mount|
|Sensor||23.5 mm × 15.6 mm Nikon DX format CMOS sensor|
|Maximum resolution||6016 × 4000 pixels
|ASA/ISO range||100–12800 in 1/3 EV steps, up to 25600 as Hi 1|
|Storage||Secure Digital, SDHC and SDXC compatible, UHS-I bus|
|Focus areas||11-area AF system|
|Exposure metering||TTL 3D Color Matrix Metering II metering with a 420 pixel RGB sensor|
|Flash||Built in Pop-up|
|Shutter speed range||30 s to 1/4000 s in 1/2 or 1/3 stops and Bulb, 1/200 s X-sync|
|Continuous shooting||5 frame/s|
|Viewfinder||Optical 0.85x, 95% Pentamirror|
|Custom WB||Auto, incandescent, fluorescent (7 types), direct sunlight, flash, cloudy, shade, preset manual, all except preset manual with fine-tuning|
|Battery||Nikon EN-EL14a, EN-EL14 rechargeable Lithium-Ion battery|
|Weight||410 g (0.90 lb) without battery, memory card or body cap|
Nikon D3300 is a 24.2-megapixel DX format DSLR Nikon F-mount camera officially launched by Nikon on January 7, 2014. It is marketed as an entry-level DSLR camera for beginners (offering tutorial- and improved guide-mode) and experienced DSLR hobbyist who are ready for more advanced specs and performance. It replaces the D3200 as Nikon's entry level DSLR. The D3300 usually comes with an 18-55mm VR II kit lens, which is the upgraded model of older VR (Vibration Reduction) lens.
The Expeed 4 image-processing engine enables the camera to capture 60 fps 1080p video in MPEG-4 format. And 24.2 megapixel images without optical low pass filter (OLPF, anti-aliasing (AA) filter) at 5 fps as the fastest for low-entry DSLR. It is Nikon's first DSLR camera with Easy (sweep) Panorama. As in the Nikon D5300, the carbon-fiber-reinforced polymer body and also the new retractable kit lens makes it smaller and lighter. The camera body is approx. 124 x 98 x 75.5 mm and weighs 460 g with and 410 g without battery and memory card.
The D3300 was superseded as Nikon's entry-level camera by the D3400 in late 2016.
- 24.2 megapixel image sensor with 12-bit resolution. Optical low-pass filter removed (OLPF, anti-aliasing (AA) filter) at 5 Frames per second
- Expeed 4 with 1080p video in 60p/50p fps
- New viewfinder with 0.85 magnification
- Panorama mode (Nikon's first DSLR)
- 13 special effects
- New auto flash modes
- Tutorial mode and new, improved guide mode
- Carbon-fiber-reinforced polymer, smaller and lighter body
- EN-EL14a and EN-EL14 batteries with enhanced battery life of 700 shots, also due to the new Expeed 4 processor
- Wi-Fi is an optional extra via the WU-1a adapter, which slides into the left side of the camera
- 3.5mm mic port
- List of Nikon F-mount lenses with integrated autofocus motor – the D3300 lacks an autofocus motor, but includes an electronic rangefinder. Therefore, the D3300 can only autofocus with lenses with integrated autofocus motors (currently 162).
- http://imaging.nikon.com/lineup/dslr/d3300/spec.htm Nikon D3300 specs at Nikon.com
- Grunin, Lori. "CES 2014 sees Nikon D3300, new lens announcements". CNET. CBS Interactive. Retrieved 2014-01-09.
- Michael Topham. "Nikon D3300 hands-on review". Retrieved February 12, 2014.
- "Best Digital SLR Entry Level". Technical Image Press Association. 2014. Retrieved August 24, 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to